Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Grandad

Article about: My Old Man. Rest explained on back of pic. He's the one in the cap,not the one getting hold of her. Stewy S

Default Re: My Grandad

My Old Man. Rest explained on back of pic. He's the one in the cap,not the one getting hold of her. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Grandad   My Grandad  

My Nan (on the right) & her sis-in-law. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Grandad   My Grandad  

nice photos with some history too thanks stewy s!

Thanks Ewan,i've only just started going through them. There should be more. I'm glad my Mum bothered to write on the backs some years ago otherwise i'd have no memory jogs or info. Stewy S

Nice stuff Stewy. It's great to have those momento's of your family.

rgds, Ty

Hi Stewy, I always enjoy seeing family photos.

I don't recognise the uniform your Nan is wearing, but I am thinking it might be NAAFI? Am I right in that? Her sister in law is a RAF Nurse.

Your Mum making notes on the back of the photos was a great move. So many times family photos become unknown once a generation passes on.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,yes she was a NAAFI. I used to wonder why my Mum bothered buggering about like that. But i'm glad she did in hindsight. Thanks for comments guys,i may bore you with more soon. But they'll be Afrika & India pics. Stewy S

My Dads Indian 500. He had waterproofs made from a parachute made when he had this. My Mum's on the front & her sis' on the back. Stewy S

?

great photo of your mum stewy what would that bike be worth now

al

Long story on that one. My Dad got his Dad (the one in the pics) to sell it for him with the w/proofs. So he & Mum could get married (Sept '50). And my Grandad sold it to a bloke in the pub for next to nothing. My old man could've strangled him! I dread to think what one would fetch now. I've got other pics somewhere,my Dad had the tank done of the "Indian" logo done on the tank. As i trawl through the pics,i'll post 'em. Stewy S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2