Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My Grandma's Cousin

Article about: Just an interesting thing I learned over the past couple days. My Grandfather's Brother (so my great Uncle) Glen Chrysler was killed at the battle of Po Valley. Growing up I heard the story

Default My Grandma's Cousin

Just an interesting thing I learned over the past couple days.

My Grandfather's Brother (so my great Uncle) Glen Chrysler was killed at the battle of Po Valley. Growing up I heard the story many times. Yesterday I heard a new story that I hadn't heard before.

One other member of my family was killed in WW2. My Grandmother's cousin, Private Kenneth Webb was also killed. He was a member of Easy Company, 2nd Bn, 506th Infantry Parachute Regiment, 101st Airborne. He was injured during Normandy, and sat out of the war for a while. He then came back and was killed in his first battle after returning from recovery.

Not only was he a member of Easy Company, but he is represented in the show Band of Brothers. Not for long mind you, but I still thought it was cool that he was represented.

My Grandma's Cousin
    Last edited by Cadillac; 06-06-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Found out he is buried in Luxembourg American Cemetary. Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit his site some day!

Quote by Cadillac View Post
    Found out he is buried in Luxembourg American Cemetary. Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit his site some day!
    good you could find out and I hope you get there some day.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

a great find but sad one.

Sorry for all the posts. I am finding more and more information about him as I dig deeper. He wrote letters back to the local paper and they published them during the war. The first two pages loaded, there are two more pages I am working on getting ahold of to show as well.

My Grandma's Cousin

My Grandma's Cousin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Grandma's Cousin  

Ok, I have the last of the pictures. So I should stop adding to it after this:

My Grandma's Cousin

My Grandma's Cousin

My Grandma's Cousin

The last page, with the letter from the man who was liberated in the Netherlands sends chills up my spine. Such an amazing thought.

?

Interesting thread sir.

Zahra Aleem
    ?

great man... salutes to PFc Kenneth Webb.. can you please share more info about this brave human being??
    Thank you..