Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need help finding out about a family member that was in wwii

Article about: my grand father was telling me that his uncle was in the battle of the bulge and that he would love to find out more about him like what unit he was in and what they did in the war and his r

Default need help finding out about a family member that was in wwii

my grand father was telling me that his uncle was in the battle of the bulge and that he would love to find out more about him like what unit he was in and what they did in the war and his rank etc.. dont have much more then his name which is Daniel Clark and he lived in ether Massachusetts or RoadIsland any info would be greatly appreciated thank you

Default Re: need help finding out about a family member that was in wwii

Do you have your great-uncle's (?) name and serial number from when he was at war or any photographs of him in uniform? This could help to identify his unit and also reveal more info about what he may have done in the war.

I've never researched a US serviceman, but more people should be along shortly!

Best of luck in your search,
    Josh

Do you know his year of birth?

Here is the only result for a 'Daniel Clark' from either Massachusetts or Rhode Island in the army enlistment records:

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

Let us know if this is him!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Here is the only result for a 'Daniel Clark' from either Massachusetts or Rhode Island in the army enlistment records:

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

Let us know if this is him!
    hey thanks for the info i will talking and show it to my grandfather tomorrow and maybe he can say if it is him for sure if it is do u know how i could figure out his unit