Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help! maltese cross?

Article about: This is a St. John's or Maltese Cross with "jerusalem" and " S. 92" It mat be 'Knights Templar' If anyone has any info on this piece let me know, Thanks. ~Dean

?

Default Need Help! maltese cross?

This is a St. John's or Maltese Cross with "jerusalem" and " S. 92" It mat be 'Knights Templar'

If anyone has any info on this piece let me know, Thanks.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help! maltese cross?   Need Help! maltese cross?  

Need Help! maltese cross?   Need Help! maltese cross?  

?

Default Re: Need Help! maltese cross?

Dean I dont have any info on your cross but I like it nice looking piece.

Regards Mark k

?

Thanks Mark, I took it to a gold/silver shop and they said it was a period piece from the crusades era.
    ~Dean

This would be so cool if it turns out to be real ... sounds like it may be.
    Please add whatever info you have as you get it.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Looks cool Dean never seen one, looks gothic as well.

Mike

?

Thanks Mike and rudy! I'll update you on what info I get!.
    ~Dean

Hello Dean, These crosses are referred to as "Crusader Crosses" but are relatively modern pieces of jewelry. The Crusader Cross featured a single large central cross with 4 small crosses between the arms. One quite similar to yours sold recently on Trocadero -it was from the 40's. The marks on the reverse are for silver content(S92-Silver 92% pure or Sterling and made in Jerusalem) I would consider having your suspension loop restored on yours, but have it done by an expert silversmith,of course. They are highly collectable pendants! You can find them usually on eBay-just type in "Crusader Cross" and perhaps "Jerusalem" and you'll see. Here is a link for the one I mentioned. Good luck! William VINTAGE 935 SILVER JERUSALEM CRUSADER CROSS PENDANT (item #967160)
    Last edited by Wagriff; 08-26-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

thanks wagriff.
    ~Dean

Never saw one before!
    Nice.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hello Dean, These crosses are referred to as "Crusader Crosses" but are relatively modern pieces of jewelry. The Crusader Cross featured a single large central cross with 4 small crosses between the arms. One quite similar to yours sold recently on Trocadero -it was from the 40's. The marks on the reverse are for silver content(S92-Silver 92% pure or Sterling and made in Jerusalem) I would consider having your suspension loop restored on yours, but have it done by an expert silversmith,of course. They are highly collectable pendants! You can find them usually on eBay-just type in "Crusader Cross" and perhaps "Jerusalem" and you'll see. Here is a link for the one I mentioned. Good luck! William VINTAGE 935 SILVER JERUSALEM CRUSADER CROSS PENDANT (item &#35;967160)
    My cross, however similar to the one on the link, is of much older construction and looks to be at least from the 19th century and not from the 40's like the one in the link posted.Thanks.
    ~Dean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast