Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with Unit on a headstone

Article about: Hi All. I am researching a U.S Army WW2 signed japanese flag and found, what I believe to be, one of the headstones belonging to one of the signatures on my flag, I am trying to find out wha

Default Need help with Unit on a headstone

Hi All.
    I am researching a U.S Army WW2 signed japanese flag and found, what I believe to be, one of the headstones belonging to one of the signatures on my flag, I am trying to find out what unit signed the flag, can anyone help decipher this headstone for me? and if any of it relates to the pacific theater of WW2, any help is appreciated thank you!!
    Need help with Unit on a headstoneNeed help with Unit on a headstone

Tec 4 (Technician Four grade) is his Rank.

Unit: I don't understand the "4 CO" but the rest is 4th Special Service Company. But I think they served in Europe?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade! My search of 4th Special Service Company turned up this, The 1st, 5th, and 6th Engineer Special Brigades were assigned to the European Theater of Operations, while the 2nd and 4th Engineer Special Brigades were assigned to the Pacific Theater of Operations.