Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need your help!!

Article about: Hi guys, i need some help finding out more research about the below lot.. I won it on Ebay, the seller says it has come from her Aunts house who has passed away, and been sat in boxes ever s

Default Need your help!!

Hi guys, i need some help finding out more research about the below lot.. I won it on Ebay, the seller says it has come from her Aunts house who has passed away, and been sat in boxes ever since. The Aunt was in the ATS during the war and never married. All the items were found inside the Lucky Strike packet.. Gift from a GI friend i wonder??!!

Info i have so far is

GIACCHINO J AMANNA

Date of enlistment 26/01/1942 with the USAAF

pre war job as a Lift operator

DOB 7/04/1920
    DOD 7/06/2009 (SADLY)

Need your help!!

Can anyone help anymore????

?

This is a standard Army Air Corps patch worn on the left shoulder of a uniform. The stripe is a "Private" 1st class rank stripe. Cant help you with research on the "guy" per say - Google some key words.. Good Luck!

I see you already found his enlistment records, so I won't post them. I culdn't find out much on him, but it seems he was a Staff Sergeant, was wounded and sent home 12th Febrary 1945. I've sent you the record in a PM
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Thank you for posting!! Yep cheers for the info on the patches, have a a few of these already in my collection..Vegar where did you come by that info?

it's amazing how little information there is on him. i suspect you have all or most of this, but outside what you have mentioned, this is all i find:

-Retired Social Security Number (SSN)
    057-18-8164

-Giacchino last resided in Spring Hill, Florida in Hernando County. (zip 34608)
    -Enlistment Term Duration of War, Plus 6 Months
    -Education 4 Years High School
    -Marital Status Single, Without Dependents
    -Nativity New York
    -Race + Citizenship White, Citizen

Yeah got that stuff Tempelhof.. But thank you for looking and sharing!!

no problem at all. i sit and work on a computer in a home office all day. it's a welcome divergence to look at collections and acquisitions of members and to comment when i can. sometimes, in my boredom and desperation for a distraction, i try to make a contribution even when i have some idea that i may be redundant!

good items. congratulations and thank you for sharing them.

thank you for your help.. Still trying to find out any more info, got to be a lead or something else i can do?!! Anyone please.. Have post on the ww2 US forum, to no joy there either..

?

I hope you can find out more about him. Chances are slim, but he might be alive still. If so, I wonder how he would react to find out this was found. Either way, this is a nice little group you have I especially like the pack of lucky strikes I'm looking for an original pack, myself. I currently have a repro ww2 era one in the band of my M1 helmet for display.
    Dean.

sadly he passed away in 2009... So the hunt continues, ebay for the lucky packet, have seen a few on there.. is it a Vietnam display?