MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No harm in asking!

Article about: To be honest if someone came forward and Said look here they are and they where genuine, I'd either buy them a new set of tags or I'd buy them something of greater value. To be honest I don'

Default No harm in asking!

Evening ladies and gents (or morning too some!)
    Bit of a far fetched question here. My grandad died when I was about 13, he was in the RA and then the KRRC 8th army. I have his medals, service records and a few photos and other items that where given to me when he passed on (might sound a little soppy but he was my hero and idol), do you think it's possible I could find his dogtags as alot of his stuff was given away when he died and I was lucky to get what I did. His name was William abraham 1796457. If anyone has them or any info id really appreciate hearing from you! I know it's a little wishful thinking but you never know!

Thanks for reading guys!

Default Re: No harm in asking!

Not really much hope to be holding out in trying to find them, but you never know,of course. Good luck in any case, David.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the reply matey, I know it's a long shot but fingers crossed lol!

4md
    ?

good luck, i will keep an eye out for the name

4md
    ?

put an ad in your local paper for any info on your grandfather, maybe worth a shot. I know a guy who done this and found some great photos of his grandfather from a relative of a veteran in his unit

regards Paul

No harm in asking at all, Good luck in your quest I will keep my eyes open for them.

Thanks guys, he was from South Wales near cymmer. Again thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'll keep an eye out too.

Cheers much appreciated!

Best of luck mate, hope who ever has them did what i did a year back and look up the family and hand them over. I understand how you feel. my pop was my hero aswell. I looked up to him and am who i am today following in his footsteps. Makes me wonder where my pops dog tags are too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast