Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

photo relative in Boer War

Article about: Hi everyone, I have spent the day digitally restoring this damaged little picture of my great uncle, Harry Pattle, during his service in the Anglo Boer War (1899-1902). It is interesting to

Interesting photo, for sure-and very well restored. I don't know, though, if I would have turned my back on that goat in the picture, from the way he is eyeing him up! Definitely a Britisher, for sure, seeing as how he gentlemanly removed his fine domed hat with the polka dot band, just for the photo!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    An interesting image Douglas. Do you know with whom he served?
    Thanks for the comments. Jerry, I havn't researched him (and know nothing else) but would like to do so - can you advise me how to go about it? He was born in 1879 and has an unusual surname, so it should be possible shouldnt it?

If you have his name and he served in the 2nd Boer war the medal rolls are on ancestry and you should be able to find him in them. I recently bought my first Boer war medal and found his entitlement to just the KSA medal that I have, though in his case I already knew his unit and number, but if he has an unusual name you should find him I think. I have ancestry if you do not just pm me his name.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The medal rolls for two H Pattle's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture photo relative in Boer War   photo relative in Boer War  

photo relative in Boer War  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Brilliant help Jerry, thanks. As my family are from North London it seems likely it would have been the one from the Essex Regiment.

Douglas,is Pat Pattle the RAF ace any relation to your family.?

Not that I'm aware of!

To add a little more information.

The H Pattle in the Suffolk Regt appears on the 1901 Census as part of 3 Suffolks. Born 1873, so I think that tends to eliminate him from enquiries [as they say !].

I'll see if I can find the other one anywhere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture photo relative in Boer War  

Hi Douglas,

do you know who Harry Pattles parents were, or any other details (dob) etc? I've found a couple of possible service records.

Cheers, Tom

DJT
    ?

Hi Jerry,

The KSA was never issued singly so your man must have been entitled to QSA as well.

Best wishes,

Des

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    If you have his name and he served in the 2nd Boer war the medal rolls are on ancestry and you should be able to find him in them. I recently bought my first Boer war medal and found his entitlement to just the KSA medal that I have, though in his case I already knew his unit and number, but if he has an unusual name you should find him I think. I have ancestry if you do not just pm me his name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast