Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help with any info on this uniform

Article about: Hi everyone, my girlfreinds family came out from Kettering UK to Western Australia many years back and we are now looking into her grandfathers war history as he never talked about it. His n

Default Please help with any info on this uniform

Hi everyone, my girlfreinds family came out from Kettering UK to Western Australia many years back and we are now looking into her grandfathers war history as he never talked about it. His name was James Donald Moate, died in January 2007 in Lincolnshire, who was born 17th November 1923.
    He was born in Wisbech district, Cambridgeshire and also married there in 1951 .

We know in this picture he just turned 18 and he went to africa. We are still doing our best million miles away from the UK to find info like service number etc with no luck. He was from Linconshire when he joined as far as i know so any info would be great but i would really love to know more about this uniform. Many many thanks all the way from down under for any help you can give me and my pommie girlfreind
    Here is the picture...

Love it if anyone could find his service number

Hi, his uniform looks to be Khaki drill shorts, a khaki drill jacket or a Aertex jacket and wool side cap. as for a service number you may want to try Military Records, Military War Articles & Forces History Data - Forces War Records

Hope this helps
    Harry

Thanks Harry, thats great, really appreciate it!

Only problem is we cannot find service number for the life of us

anyone have an idea why his name doesnt come up and give service number on here ?
    Military Records, Military War Articles & Forces History Data - Forces War Records