Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Researching WW2 British Paratrooper.

Article about: I think it is £25 and you will need his date of birth and as much other inof as possible, you can get the forms online and that will tell you everythin you need to know. I am not sure if you

?

Default Researching WW2 British Paratrooper.

Hi all! I am looking for any more possible information about a family member who served with the Parachute Regiment during WW2 and hope some of you may be able to help me. His name was Michael Byrne. I believe he was a Corporal serving with the 1st Parachute Brigade and he fought in Sicily and Arnhem were he was wounded and captured by the German's. He survived and returned home after the war but that is all I know about his service. I am hoping to find some more information. Any help with this is as always very much appreciated guys! Cheers! Sean.

?

Default Re: Researching WW2 British Paratrooper.

It would help if you had his serial number, you could then apply through the records office of the Parachute Rgt' I think Ade will be able to supply more info, he usually can

?

Hi Dave! Unfortunately I do not have his service number. Cheers! Sean.

?

I do believe I have exhausted my online search. I can not seem to find anything for Michael Byrne serving in the Parachute Regiment during WW2. I really hope Ade can help. I am sure most on here are better at this kind of research than me. I am not sure where is best to start but have done a fair bit of searching online and come back with nothing. Cheers! Sean.

Did you try here, someone might be able to help if there is nothing already listed.

ParaData | A living history of the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry! I searched ParaData earlier today but unfortunately nothing come up. Good point I will email the contact on the site shortly! Cheers! Sean.

?

There is a book that contains some listings of British para's captured at Arnhem.
    I don't have a copy but you might like to try this forum .....

DefendingArnhem.com • Index page

Cheers

Gary J.

?

Hi Jerry! I have just emailed the curator at ParaData and explained what I have posted here so fingers crossed! Thanks Gary will check the link now! Cheers! Sean.

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi Jerry! I have just emailed the curator at ParaData and explained what I have posted here so fingers crossed! Thanks Gary will check the link now! Cheers! Sean.
    Hi Sean,

good luck with your search and hopefully they can help you out with some information.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi All! Just a quick update... ParaData replied to my email. They said I would be best requesting his service record from the Army Personnel Centre. I thought I would need more information about him to start with to request his records? Also they said you have to pay a charge. This does not bother me if I get the info I am after but out of curiosity does anyone know how much they charge? Cheers! Sean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast