MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Researching WW2 British Paratrooper.

Article about: I think it is £25 and you will need his date of birth and as much other inof as possible, you can get the forms online and that will tell you everythin you need to know. I am not sure if you

Default Re: Researching WW2 British Paratrooper.

I think it is £25 and you will need his date of birth and as much other inof as possible, you can get the forms online and that will tell you everythin you need to know. I am not sure if you need to be next of kin.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ervice-records
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Researching WW2 British Paratrooper.

Seandme,

Ask the same question on this site there are some very knowledgable Airborne people there.

Airborne - WW2 Talk

Steve

You have got the answer you need Sean, The Army records were all kept at Hayes, Middlesex. They moved about 10 years ago to somewhwere in the midlands. There is a charge of around £25-30 and you also need proof of next of Kin.
    Good luck.

according to the Prisoners of War British Army 1939 - 1945 there is no Michael Byrne, AAC listed as a POW. Although personnel retained their original regimental number after joining airborne forces, they would have been recorded as AAC at all times later. There are three Byrne's, AAC in the list, none Michael, all the rank of Private.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2