Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

search for survivors from british 4-5th independent company

Article about: Hello, I am searching for surviving soldiers/officers from the 4th and 5th independent company of british Sickle and Scissors forces, Comander was Collonel Collins MC.V. Gubbins They served

Default search for survivors from british 4-5th independent company

Hello, I am searching for surviving soldiers/officers from the 4th and 5th independent company of british Sickle and Scissors forces,
    Comander was Collonel Collins MC.V. Gubbins
    They served in Norway between Namsos and Mosjoen may 1940.
    The reason I am searching is that I have a WW2 museum in Mosjøen, Norway and I am looking for info on this guy's maybe also uniforms and equipement from them, I am also looking for history of some 100 french that also was here at that time but thats another story.
    I will be wery happy if someone can help me in this search.
    see also my webpage from museum.
    FRONT PAGE :-) - www.mosjoen-krigsminne-samling.com

Best regards from
    Rolf Gunnar Aanes
    Norway

I wish you all a happy new year

Default Re: search for survivors from british 4-5th independent company

Hi Rolf, I know one Veteran who served in Norway in 1940. He was in the Fusiliers. He told me that they retreated down a railway track for many miles and it was a hard march.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank's Ade, do you know if it is possible to get contact with him and does he know where in Norway he was.
    The railway was not finished here in Mosjøen but it was under construction, the germans opened the railway to Mosjøen in 1941
    But the gebirgsjägers walked along the rail lines and the main road.
    I am looking for two british uniforms and one French alpine uniform, for british I was thinking one officer and one soldier and one french soldier, any links to good dealers of sutch things would be apreciated.

Regards from
    Rolf Gunnar

Hi Rolf, I don't know where in Norway he served and I have not spoken with him for a long time, but I will see what I can do.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Great project Rolf , well done
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default British lee Enfield rifle , left behind :-)

Not so manny anserws here , so last year I got this Lee Enfield rifle from a old man in town, he found it in 1972 in the forest in same place as the British and Norwegian fought against Gebirgsjägers on may 10 1940 :-)
    I dont know but hope The british army kept papers on who recived witch weapon with serial number, because I can see the serial number stil on the rifle one British soldier left behind in 1940, he put it against a three and there it sat for 32 years before someone come by and found itsearch for survivors from british 4-5th independent companysearch for survivors from british 4-5th independent companysearch for survivors from british 4-5th independent companysearch for survivors from british 4-5th independent company

So does annyone know if there exist a list like that ??