Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Thanks Dad !!

Article about: After my graduation parade in the Royal Australian Airforce I had several senior NCO's come up and ask if they could keep my Father. I asked why, then my CO , a Group Captain, came up and sa

Default Thanks Dad !!

After my graduation parade in the Royal Australian Airforce I had several senior NCO's come up and ask if they could keep my Father. I asked why, then my CO , a Group Captain, came up and said congratulations you've just volunteered for two months guard duty. Apparrently Dad asked him to set an example as in the German Military he would not have been "allowed out the gate" with shoes like his.

Default Re: Thanks Dad !!

Excellent story!

Cheers, Ade.

Hmmmmm, the guard duty wasn't so excellent and the story was thru the Mess of every base before I finished.

Adrian, from that day on , whenever / wherever I was posted my new CO's would ask how my Father was !!

Another time we had paraded where we had conducted our "slow march". Our WOD (Warrant Officer of Discipline) made the mistake of asking Dad what he thought. Dad apparently said " You still lack the 'krump' when coming to attention but at least with that march you dont look like 'spastic gibons' !!!!!!"