Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A Tribute to Marlene Dietrich

Article about: The song, Lili Marlane started off as a poem, The words were written in 1915 during World War I by Hans Leip (1893–1983), a school teacher from Hamburg who had been conscripted into the Impe

Default Re: A Tribute to Marlene Dietrich

The song, Lili Marlane started off as a poem, The words were written in 1915 during World War I by Hans Leip (1893–1983), a school teacher from Hamburg who had been conscripted into the Imperial German Army. Leip reportedly combined the names of his girlfriend and another female friend. However, Lili and Marleen were actually both his mistress. The poem was later published as "Das Lied eines jungen Soldaten auf der Wacht" ("The Song of a Young Soldier on Watch") in 1937, now with the two last (of five) verses added. It was set to music by Norbert Schultze in 1938. Tommie Connor later wrote English lyrics. It was recorded by Lale Andersen in 1939 and sold about 700 copies, and was played on Radio Belgrade whitch became the German forces' radio station under the name of Soldatensender Belgrad (Soldiers' Radio Belgrade).
    A true icon...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Tribute to  Marlene Dietrich  
    Attached Images Attached Images A Tribute to  Marlene Dietrich 

Default Re: A Tribute to Marlene Dietrich

she was indeed a beautiful woman, this afternoon whatched shangai express, from 1932, great movie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2