Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. Dog Tag help

Article about: I don't know anything about where/who this dog tag came from other than I own it. Can we find anything out about this dogtag perhaps? I know it's a long shot in the dark, but hey. Can't hurt

Default U.S. Dog Tag help

I don't know anything about where/who this dog tag came from other than I own it. Can we find anything out about this dogtag perhaps? I know it's a long shot in the dark, but hey. Can't hurt to ask right? Thanks, guys.

Also: It is WW2 period, correct?

U.S. Dog Tag help

Hi Mike, yes it is wartime.

You might be able to research him via the NARA website.

Start Your Military Service Record (DD Form 214) Request

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, you can usually search the serial number on the NARA ADD website, however it is not matching but there are many WW2 enlistment records to John Calhoun just need to search through to match the serial number.

Please Wait...

Here is another with search results for John Calhoun

403 Request Blocked

Good Luck

Harry

p.s The links do appear to be working just not the correct names

Looks like a replacement tag may even be postwar added purely due to the lack of info missing which would be seen on an original issued set,no middle initial no tetanus date or blood group,any way he was a Draftee into the sixth corps which was under the second army area,(illinois,michigan,wisonsin)HQ chicago illinois,hope this helps...........