Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S. Dog Tag I.D. Please

Article about: Hi, Need some help I.D. this dog tag that I got today. Tokash, Francis S RA13576159 Thank you and regards, Taka

Default U.S. Dog Tag I.D. Please

Hi,

Need some help I.D. this dog tag that I got today.

Tokash, Francis S

RA13576159

Thank you and regards,
    Taka
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. Dog Tag I.D. Please  

MAP
    ?

????. Hit post too early Taka-San?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Oops, I clicked too fast.

I' m not use to the I Pad.

MAP
    ?

See you fixed it.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Photo flipped, sorry for the trouble.

MAP
    ?

You know I'm no expert and somewhere I have a link detailing all of the types and terminology but not at home now. I think T56 is the year he got his tetanus shot. A is the blood type. But I could be totally wrong

- - ------- - -

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Photo flipped, sorry for the trouble.
    I just turned my phone upside down. :-)

MAP
    ?

Try this link if you want to research this soldier. National Archives.

NARA - AAD - Main Page

Thanks, Micheal-san.

However, there seems no record for this particular person.

Regards,
    Taka

MAP
    ?

I can't find him either. I know or think RA stands for Regular Army. From a cell phone I can't do much more. And it's mother's day here so I won't be home all day. Hopefully someone else can help more in the meantime. I found a reference to a Fred Tokash but different serial number. Sorry I couldn't help more for now

MAP
    ?

Taka-San,

Spent quite some time and have come up with very little. Unfortunatly I do not have a subscription to Ancestry.com or Familysearch.org. Some guys here may have it and be able to check for you. I'm really surprised that the National Archives do not list this serial #. Very odd.

I did find one "hit" for a Francis S. Tokash but without a subscription it is very little information. The potentially good news is that this gentlemans current age fits with his dog tag. Assuming an enlistment age of 20 in 1956 (post Korean war), he would now be 78. Which is what this one record indicates.

U.S. Dog Tag I.D. Please

Also the dog tags (I'm no expert) appear to span between the Korean War era type and the pre Vietnam types.

U.S. Dog Tag I.D. PleaseU.S. Dog Tag I.D. Please

Wish I could have been more help considering all the help you've been for me.

Regards,

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast