Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

US dogtag near the Danube

Article about: US dogtag near the Danube in my forest found in the forest work is it a war or lost a piece maneuvers Gone piece ? ( april 45 was here the last battel with the ss Div. Nibelungen) Thanks for

Default US dogtag near the Danube

US dogtag near the Danube

in my forest found in the forest work
    is it a war or lost a piece maneuvers Gone piece ?

( april 45 was here the last battel with the ss Div. Nibelungen)

Thanks for the appraisals

I also seek information about the combat on the Danube
    Regensburg - bad Abbach - Kelheim

Default Re: US dogtag near the Danube

Hi,
    I would say a lost piece you willprobable find a lot of small pieces around the area.
    Nice find.
    dave.

This is a wartime issue tag. Nice find.

Cheers, Ade.

Murray Jones Leffers SR. Born 26 DEC 1917 , Died 23 July 1988, Ft Bliss Texas USA. Looks like he lost it while was serving there in WWII. He has a son, MURRAY JONES LEFFERS JR of 1727 E BLUEFIELD AVE, PHOENIX AZ 85022 USA. It would be interesting to see what stories his son has about him during the war.

Burt

Fountainbleau
    ?

This is a remarkable moment for me. A friend sent me this url today, said he'd found it and I needed to see it. I am Murray Jones Leffers Jr., my father lost, or possibly discarded his dog tags because of a Dear John from Iris, his first wife. As Burt reported, my dad passed away in 1988. He is no longer here to answer that question. What a prize to hold and a wonder for my eyes. Old soldiers. Thank you, Murray Jr.

Extraordinary!
    I wish you to be soon in possession of this dogtag that says so much to you.
    I have already sent a couple of personal belongings ground dugged up here in Normandy ,to the US Embassy in Paris.They are presently trying to trace the descendants of the GI's who loose them 7 decades ago.
    I hope for you this guy is ready to send it back to you.Good luck!
    (can you explain a bit your avatar's name??So frenchy..)

Murray,
    I'm glad I took the time to research this one. made my day seeing your post.

Thanks
    Burt

Quote by Fountainbleau View Post
    This is a remarkable moment for me. A friend sent me this url today, said he'd found it and I needed to see it. I am Murray Jones Leffers Jr., my father lost, or possibly discarded his dog tags because of a Dear John from Iris, his first wife. As Burt reported, my dad passed away in 1988. He is no longer here to answer that question. What a prize to hold and a wonder for my eyes. Old soldiers. Thank you, Murray Jr.
    This is a great story in the making
    I hope for your sake you get your fathers dogtag,as it would mean more to you than anyone else
    Good luck to ya
    Mick

?

Wonderful. There can only be one possible outcome. I hope.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Melze
    ?

And... this is Melze, Murray Sr.'s daughter. This was such a treat! Murray Sr. had six children - 2 with Iris, and 4 with Gloria. He was an MP, until injuries grounded him to supply. When he left the Army, after 20+ years, he went into criminal justice. He started with FL State Penitentury and ended his career back in TX. He always went after the "bad" guys . We are all proud of our dad. Thanks so much for sharing this memory. Gotta love the internet!