Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Wasted Life.

Article about: by HPL2008 Sure is. While this is, of course, a matter of taste, I have to say that my favorite version is still this recording by Eric Bogle, who wrote the song: And The Band Played Waltzin

Default A Wasted Life.

A bit late for ANZAC Day but a sad story of the times.
    Albert Stanley Scott,my Grandfathers uncle.
    Hailing from Mt Bauple Queensland Australia he enlisted in Maryborough on the 23/9/1914 at the given age of 18 and joined the 15th Battalion.
    Being underage his parents had to give their permission for him to enlist.
    He was sent to Gallipoli and on the 28/4/1915 he was killed in action.
    He is buried in Quinns Post Cemetery,Anzac Cove where his age is recorded as only 17.
    As an example of the confusion of the era,after recieving news from the Army of his death,his father sent a letter to the Minister of Defence enquiring as to whether his son was Alive or Dead as the media had reported that he was only wounded.
    Alas the latter was true.
    The last picture is the actual photo in the issue of the Sydney Mail where the photo of Albert was seen by his parents on the 16/6/1915 which prompted the letter by his father.I got Chills up my bloody spine when i found this !!!
    A Brave BOY at a time when we needed them.
    Lest We Forget.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Wasted Life.   A Wasted Life.  

A Wasted Life.   A Wasted Life.  

A Wasted Life.   A Wasted Life.  

Like............
    And done well.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Lest We Forget.

?

Waltzing Matilda by the Dubliners always chokes me up everytime - can listen to it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0fF6oY6I4
    Very fitting tribute to these brave young gentlemen

A brave boy indeed. God bless him.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very brave lest we forget these brave boys and men that never made it home.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Great thread Aussie Mick, such a terrible waste of a young mans life, but it is down to fella's like him that we are here today. GOD bless him and his surviving relatives, Leon. (Like)

Very sad. A hero.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by jimm View Post
    Waltzing Matilda by the Dubliners always chokes me up everytime - can listen to it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0fF6oY6I4
    Very fitting tribute to these brave young gentlemen
    Sure is. While this is, of course, a matter of taste, I have to say that my favorite version is still this recording by Eric Bogle, who wrote the song:

And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda ~ Eric Bogle - YouTube

Mel Gibson in the 1981 movie Gallipoli is a good watch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast