Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A Wasted Life.

Article about: by HPL2008 Sure is. While this is, of course, a matter of taste, I have to say that my favorite version is still this recording by Eric Bogle, who wrote the song: And The Band Played Waltzin

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sure is. While this is, of course, a matter of taste, I have to say that my favorite version is still this recording by Eric Bogle, who wrote the song:

And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda ~ Eric Bogle - YouTube
    Completely agree with you Andreas, that is a very moving song and I think this version is the best. It makes all the hairs stand up on the back of your neck if you're an Aussie.

Poor bugger!...

Mel Gibson in the 1981 movie Gallipoli is a good watch.
    It was a great movie ~ in fact I was bordering on Angry when I left the theatre ~ all those crazy ~ insane senior officers that refused to consider reason and logic ~ sent so many young men to their deaths or maimed them in so many ways aside from death ~ so needlessly ~

But the movie aside ~ the book is an even better read than the movie and involves more characters than is seen in the movie ~ including a Nursing sister who tended the wounded Diggers ~ I have seen the book listed in EBay recently ~

Highly recommend reading the book ~

Aussiemick - my grandfather's uncle is also Albert Stanley Scott! In fact - Granddad's 90th birthday is this year.

Proud to share this common ancestor!

Adam

and i should say if you have any further info happy to do a swap PM or email me

If you are up for a FANTASTIC Australian movie doco~

Brilliant watch ~ we watched the full story of the documentary version ~ Story of Charles Bean. Bartlett and Keith Murdoch on Gallipoli ~ Instrumental in the with drawl of the Forces from the debacle that was Gallipoli !

All Australian production 2015!

Part One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqB2xzaqmi8

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixfRqDNOkag

The third part ~The complete doco and analogy version is only just being viewed so not yet available on U Tube ~

Suggest check back ~Deadline Gallipoli The full story
    Last edited by AT P Sweep; 04-28-2015 at 03:38 AM.

jojo231999
    ?

Hi Mick,

My name is Jonelle Christensen and I am in year 12 at Mackay North State High School. As a part of our school curriculum we have the chance to go on a trip we call the spirit of ANZAC remembrance tour. This year I am going to be a part of this wonderful experience. I just wanted to let you know that Albert Stanley Scott is a solider I have researched and one of the soldiers that I will be paying tribute to over in Gallipoli. I was doing further research on Albert when I found your article and I was just wondering whether you had any additional information about him, or whether you would like me to say anything or lay anything on your behalf. It would be great if you could reply to this if you are not too busy and we could organize something. If you wanted to reply to me my email is nellyjay23@gmail.com or if you wanted to contact one of the teachers going on this trip, his name is Mike Goodwin and his email is mgood61@eq.edu.au. Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
    Jonelle Christensen.

jojo231999
    ?

My name is Jonelle Christensen and I am in year 12 at Mackay North State High School. As a part of our school curriculum we have the chance to go on a trip we call the spirit of ANZAC remembrance tour. This year I am going to be a part of this wonderful experience. I just wanted to let you know that Albert Stanley Scott is a solider I have researched and one of the soldiers that I will be paying tribute to over in Gallipoli. I was doing further research on Albert when I found your article and I was just wondering whether you had any additional information about him, or whether you would like me to say anything or lay anything on your behalf. It would be great if you could reply to this if you are not too busy and we could organize something. If you wanted to reply to me my email is nellyjay23@gmail.com or if you wanted to contact one of the teachers going on this trip, his name is Mike Goodwin and his email is mgood61@eq.edu.au. Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
    Jonelle Christensen.

Hi Jonelle,
    Best to send him a PM with your contact details and not put them up in an open forum ( for your own security )
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Jonelle,
    Best to send him a PM with your contact details and not put them up in an open forum ( for your own security )
    Regards, Dan
    Thanks Janelle - I've sent you an email.

Anyone else seeking info on Albert Scott more than welcome to PM me I'll share what I have

Cheers

Adam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast