Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"Wild Bill" Guarnere's Dog Tag. Help!

Article about: Hi Folks, I had the opportunity to meet "Wild Bill" Guarnere from Band of Brothers fame again... what an amazing guy! I was able to take a better quality photo with him and frame i

Default Re: "Wild Bill" Guarnere's Dog Tag. Help!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So are there any pic's of Wild Bill in his younger days while attached to Easy Company?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    In general, or photos of him that he can sign for you?

?

In general. Just a pic of what wild Bill looked like in his glory days.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    In general. Just a pic of what wild Bill looked like in his glory days.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Here are a few:
    "Wild Bill" Guarnere's Dog Tag. Help!"Wild Bill" Guarnere's Dog Tag. Help!"Wild Bill" Guarnere's Dog Tag. Help!

?

Ha,looks like a very young Robert De Nero , plus he looks a bit of a handful , tough little bugger

It's a great thing you're doing, donating this. A tip of the cap to you!

Dusty

?

Thanks for the pic's Joe!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

In 2007, my school held a special Veteran's Day event. I was in ROTC and we had invited several local WWII veterans to hang out with us in our room. One of my teachers had brought a WWI U.S. helmet to display in a glass case, so I went over and looked at it. One of the veterans came up behind me and said, "Good thing we didn't have to wear those pieces of junk! Mine was rounder". I asked him, "Oh, were you in WWII?!" and I reached for a handshake. He took my hand and said "Corporal Joseph Lesniewski, Easy Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division! Nice to meet you!" I about shat...

As it turned out, he had been through every single operation that the 101st took part in. He told me the story about being wounded in Holland. A German soldier had "decided to play catch with me and a potato masher, and I lost!" He said that they had to pick 32 pieces of shrapnel out of his legs and back. It was really a special experience. He has unfortunately passed away since then, I think in 2012. Actually It's been about a year now since he died. But I will never forget the time I accidentally met a 506th paratrooper.

In one of the pre-episode veteran interviews in 'Band of Brothers', one of the vets talks about landing in a field in Normandy next to his "friend from Erie". That's Joe.

Joseph Lesniewski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2