Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

would like help on some images

Article about: the first two images are of my great grandfather. this is what I know of him. he served in the boar war 1900s. and then served in ww1. he was wounded in ww1. I think he was in the east surry

Interesting that varicose veins could be a reason for discharge. I guess the condition must have been severe causing pain and/or ulcers.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Interesting that varicose veins could be a reason for discharge. I guess the condition must have been severe causing pain and/or ulcers.
    HAHA I got that wrong it was varicoele. you might have to look that up if interested.

Sounds none too trivial given what Wikipedia says! Still, the case must have been severe to warrant discharge.

?

For information on the RE unit I would try the Great War forum, or since you are mentioning medals you could also try the British Medals forum (some excellent help there) however their first question will be the name and service number. The National Archives in England I think will have the war diary for that unit but unfortunately not free online like our war diaries and AIF files (how lucky are we eh?).

Oz.

I am very happy , that my uncle decided that it was the right thing for me to have ownership of two of my great grandpas medals sets boar war ww1 ww2, and ww1.
    and my grandpas ww2 medals.
    he gave them to me when they came over from Tassie for a visit.
    I hope these men would have been happy, to see me receive there medals knowing that I have done a little bit of there history and I have respect there efforts.
    I will make shore that they will not be forgotten over time.
    thanks mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture would like help on some images  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3