Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Atomic Bomb desktop diagram??

Article about: Hello, Got this bomb diagram thing from a yard sale last week. Can someone help me identify what this is? I know the Mark 3 was one of the atomic bombs dropped in WWII. The name plates for t

Default WWII Atomic Bomb desktop diagram??

WWII Atomic Bomb desktop diagram??WWII Atomic Bomb desktop diagram??WWII Atomic Bomb desktop diagram??WWII Atomic Bomb desktop diagram??

Hello, Got this bomb diagram thing from a yard sale last week. Can someone help me identify what this is? I know the Mark 3 was one of the atomic bombs dropped in WWII. The name plates for the first and the third mini diagram fell off and I don't know what they are supposed to be. I am hoping someone on this site can help me name the other 2 bombs. I am wondering though because the mark III didn't look like it does in this picture. Help?

Default Re: WWII Atomic Bomb desktop diagram??

Mark 3 Atlas and Mark 12 Minutemen were missiles/rockets. Mark 3 was a launch vehicle-not one of the atomic bombs of WWII, which were airplane launched. What you have here are various small parts(or models of) of rockets/missiles.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

okay, can anyone help me to identify the missing name plates.

Just found this article online..

"In 1984 in the United States, thousands of companies were involved in some way in producing parts for nuclear weapons systems. GE produced more parts to more major nuclear weapons systems than any other corporation. GE was involved in the promotion of nuclear weapons to the government and in production since day one, with its role in the Manhattan Project.

Specifically, GE was responsible for the critical components, including, for example, the neutron “trigger” for every US nuclear bomb. Notably, before becoming president, Ronald Regan was a spokesman for GE."

It looks like you have a contractors display of nose cones for ICBM missiles. The first 2 looking at it on the left are Atlas series. I would guess the next is a Minuteman and the last maybe a re-entry MIRV model. Google atlas ICBM along with Titan II and MIRV and photos should come up. Very neat set! I've been able to find some actual old ICBM launch controls and SAC items and all of this is just some really cool stuff to collect.