Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

12cm Gr.W 378(r) Russisch Mortar

Article about: Hi Guys I hope this is the right section to post in. I have started the restoration of my German captured and used Russian PM-38 12cm mortar. I have started on the breech cup making dummy pa

Dear Granatwerfer,

Very interesting, thank you very much for presenting! May I ask you about the tank in the background please, it's a 'landungstraeger'?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Hi Alter Musketier

The vehicle in the background is not a 'landungstraeger' but my Kettenkrad that I have been rebuilding for more years than I care to remember. It does not have a set of forks yet that is why it looks like the landungstraeger. I do have some armour from a StuG III, Ausf G that I have restored, see this thread.
    StuG III Part

Dear Granatwerfer,

Thank you very much for the infos! Maybe you have a picture from the Kettenkrad too?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Nice work. Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Alter Musketier

The first picture was taken before I removed the bodywork to fit the engine/gearbox/fan unit. The second shows the engine installed.

12cm Gr.W 378(r) Russisch Mortar12cm Gr.W 378(r) Russisch Mortar

Dear Granatwerfer,

Thank you very much for showing. Cool !

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Acquired another part for the mortar the other day, it is the sight extension attachment. You can see it in the attached picture behind the horizontal adjustment handle, not a good quality picture I'm afraid. A future restoration project.

12cm Gr.W 378(r) Russisch Mortar12cm Gr.W 378(r) Russisch Mortar12cm Gr.W 378(r) Russisch Mortar
    Last edited by Granatwerfer; 09-17-2017 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Wrong pictures added

?

What is the difference between the Russian mortar and the German GRW42? I know the German one is developed based on the Russian one, but how can you spot the differences?

Thanks for reigniting this thread as I had missed it before. Great restoration, I've dug a few fragments of the rounds in the past but really cool to own the business end!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2