Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

1945 Jeep Willy's

Article about: Fellow Gear Heads, I am taking a break & detour from my Third Reich collection of daggers, swords, knives armbands, buckles, tinnies & fieldgear. It is dang cold in Minnesota today a

Rossi, I just noticed yours has the 'pioneer kit'
    recesses for shovel and axe on the driver's
    side - as well as the drain slot.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hey Rossi lovely Jeep Mate, one thing to note, seeing it has a larger engine, be careful as they can warp the chassis.

I've a 44 Ford GPW with a Willy's MB motor out in the garage

?

Glad you know your Willy's. When we found it in the field it had a shovel mount as well still on the side. I was amazed as we saw this in a farm field in CA that the body had very little rust. I knew when we opened the tool box under passenger seat and it was not roached out we were gonna buy it. I knew it was an early one but did not know year until we got it home and I started to look it over. When I found out it was the 1st model year and #296 of the first 1800 ever made I knew we had something. Still am a dummy for not being smart at a young age to restore to original specs.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Rossi, I just noticed yours has the 'pioneer kit'
    recesses for shovel and axe on the driver's
    side - as well as the drain slot.........!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I've a 44 Ford GPW with a Willy's MB motor out in the garage
    Those motors will run forever too. They were made like a tank!!! Cool and thanks for sharing Rene

?

You are wise. My grandfather was a craftsman as a welder. The cross member bar is something I did not photograph under the jeep. It really was a work of art. The underside of this thing is like that Tiger Tank in the movie fury. I always ask people to slide underneath to see the Cross member bar and they kind of look at me like what? I was proud of how my Grandfather worked the Chassis. I have been driving for about 9 years now and no issues yet. I kind of baby her.

QUOTE=reneblacky;1325126]Hey Rossi lovely Jeep Mate, one thing to note, seeing it has a larger engine, be careful as they can warp the chassis.[/QUOTE]

Quote by Rossi View Post
    You are wise. My grandfather was a craftsman as a welder. The cross member bar is something I did not photograph under the jeep. The underside of this thing is like that Tiger Tank in the movie fury. I always ask people to slide underneath to see the Cross member bar and they kind of look at me like what? I was proud of how my Grandfather worked the Chassis. I have been driving for about 9 years now and no issues yet. I kind of baby her.

QUOTE=reneblacky;1325126]Hey Rossi lovely Jeep Mate, one thing to note, seeing it has a larger engine, be careful as they can warp the chassis.
    [/QUOTE]

Sweet, now just don't fall out of her when doing sharp turns hehehe as I've nearly done a few times!!!!

?

Funniest and strangest thing happen last fall. I was cruising along and something hit me so hard on my left temple I about passed out. I did not know what happened. Pulled over quick as I saw stars. I had blood on my left cheek. I heard flopping in the back seat and bed. I turned to find a Rooster Pheasant. He had flown into my head broadside. I was lucky for sure. Could have gotten knocked out and rolled it. Too Funny. Got home and my left cheek was bruised up pretty bad. So I strap in and watch for birds. Falling out is not an option of course.

Sweet, now just don't fall out of her when doing sharp turns hehehe as I've nearly done a few times!!!![/QUOTE]

?

Rene...Here is what if was smarter back then my Jeep should have been restored to. This one would sure look nice in Aussie land in the outback mate!

Sweet, now just don't fall out of her when doing sharp turns hehehe as I've nearly done a few times!!!![/QUOTE]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 Jeep Willy's  

Here's some shots of my beast for ya, maan I've done some naughty things with her

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast