Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum

Article about: part 3

Default re: Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum

That pz III is beautiful!! Wouldn't mind taking it for a test drive

i thought it was an early DAK PIV

Pics 32 + 33 pz III looks in good shape. It's a shame that some of the hulls have been cut open, but it's not like they are ever going to be used on battle again.

ahhh yeah thats a pzIII and i guess they cut them up when they were originally sent here for the public to look inside according to a book i have my bad on the id i htought u was refferingto the restored DAK one , did you notice the dual drive PIV with the funny looking rear

cobra yes hte jackets a fake as is the m43 sadly im merely a poor old crippled vet from the uk who could never ever afford to own or acquire the genuine item let alone stand out in the pissing rain ruining it

Quote by Turtle View Post
    I work at APG. You might be interested in knowing that they are in the process of shipping the German tanks to the FT Knox tank museum. The present curator is apparently not a big fan of foreign equipment and feels it should be American oriented. Thought you would want to know.

Tom
    Ah more revisionist curators? It is a shame these vehicles are left out in the elements to rot.

yeah broke my heartto see the way theyd been leftout like that but i guess when u consider they were originally brought back to be experimented with etc i dont think they considered the future and isnt the current curator dr attwater who was there wehn i visited giving a childrens tour and i was suprised ot see he even besmirched the usmc in an if it aint us army then it aint sh*t attitude

?

These are the reason I chose my profession. Brings back memories! Went to the FT Knox museum both times when I was there for Basic Training and BNCOC. There were more tanks in a motorpool last time I was there in 2008.

WalkinTarget
    ?

Just saw this thread and thought I'd chip in a few of my Aberdeen shots taken from last year:

Sturmpanzer 'Grizzly Bear':

JagdTiger:

M4 'Grizzly':

German 'Goliath' guided bomb:

Ferdinand 'Elefant':

German rail gun:

First post !! Love this WWII stuff, and sad to hear that Aberdeen is sending away the German armor. If I get to see a King Tiger in person in my lifetime, I will die happy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum   Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum  

Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum   Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum  

Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum   Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum  

nice shots glad to see you had better weather than i did and that the elefant was there and restored too she was in prep for restoration when i went

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast