Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum

Article about: part 3

WalkinTarget
    ?

Default Re: Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox Armor museum

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    nice shots glad to see you had better weather than i did and that the elefant was there and restored too she was in prep for restoration when i went
    I watched the restoration on Tank Overhaul. What an awesome show !! I just wish it wasn't such a time consuming job that they only have about 4 shows a year.

The Elefant really gave them fits getting those treads off.

yeah i saved both the panther one and the elefant one myself on the dvr it was a great piece of restoration i just wish theyd been more smoother with the paint job

Turtle
    ?

Yes, Attwater is the curator. I have not been impressed with him either. He does love his face time on television shows when he can get on. I haven't been very impressed with his "in depth" knowledge when I get to watch him. If you live near APG you should make a trip here when you get the chance. A few of the tanks in pictures have already been shipped out and more are being scheduled to leave. You don't want to miss what is here.

BTW, be sure to drive around on post as there are many tanks located away from the museum. You are not allowed to climb on the ones at the museum so I take my kids to the ones that are rusting or being fixed and let them climb on those. They love seeing the tanks!

Tom

cheers tom did my trip in 07 i think or 08 and yeah he diodnt impress me much either hmm whoops climbed on a few tanks while there but then it was hammering down with rain so no one bitched

Bob Carter
    ?

Just out of curiosity does anyone here know the status of the APG Tiger I that Kevin Wheatcroft currently has been in possesion of and is apparrently not releasing ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4