Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Achtung PANZER! On the road at a fast pace too ....

Article about: Driving can be boring, but not always. I drive a lot and sometimes see strange vehicles How about these Segways with all-terrain tires... But mostly its just open road and boring, boring, bo

?

Default Achtung PANZER! On the road at a fast pace too ....

Driving can be boring, but not always.
    I drive a lot and sometimes see strange vehicles
    How about these Segways with all-terrain tires...

But mostly its just open road and boring, boring, boring....

Then sometimes you see something, that makes all the miles between museums and battlefields worth it. Like this sight:

Default Re: Achtung PANZER! On the road at a fast pace too ....

That's the PzKpfw. III Ausf. F from the National Armor and Cavalry Museum, Fort Benning, Georgia. It's been in storage for years and not on public view. Hopefullly by the look of it, they may be moving it for restoration.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Fantastic catch! Just goes to show that you should never be more than arm's reach from a camera.

?

We dont mention Benning 'round here (my household, that is); a while ago I went to Fort Knox to see not only the Patton Museum, but also some of the interesting tanks there.
    Much to my chagrin, they had just hauled off the interesting stuff just before my visit. There were only tracks left on the concrete stands, where they had dragged out the tanks.
    I had wanted to see the T-28, but it was GONE!
    Ohh well, ill just have to go see them all at Benning eventually. Thats where they went and the site of the new and improved tank museum.
    Anyway, the Patton museum was well worth the visit and I heartedly recommend it to any 'Old Blood and Guts' fans.

?

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Fantastic catch! Just goes to show that you should never be more than arm's reach from a camera.
    I agree 100% and I try not to be (more than arms reach from my camera).

Hello,
    Thanks for sharing these photos. This Panzer is still great even if a restoration wouldn't be useless...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)