Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Any WoT (World of Tanks) player around ?

Article about: Figured I would add a few pictures of my tanks to show whats in the game

Default Re: Any WoT (World of Tanks) player around ?

Didn't think of that! But now you mentioned it, it seems to make sence!
    Thanks Dimas.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I am going to have a go

After 70 battles with a fifty fifty win and loss. I finaly manged to have my "relic" tank fixed!
    Never the less I managed to destroy 5 enemy tanks, got myself two awards; one for surviving 10 victory's and one for a kamikaze attack that resulted in destroying a bigger tank!!
    Haha, big fun!!
    ;-)
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

I've heard that new players of this game are at a severe disadvantage because the more experienced players are using tanks that are so much more powerful. Is this true?

?

Yes and no. Usually tanks of the same tiers are pitted against tanks of equal or +/- 1 tier. So when you start you'll be against a same tier tank as you, Tier 1, then tier 1/2, then tier 1/2/3 (mostly 2/3 though.) etc. The tier ones you see in the higher tier battles are usually ones with trained crew.

Nitram

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Yes and no. Usually tanks of the same tiers are pitted against tanks of equal or +/- 1 tier. So when you start you'll be against a same tier tank as you, Tier 1, then tier 1/2, then tier 1/2/3 (mostly 2/3 though.) etc. The tier ones you see in the higher tier battles are usually ones with trained crew.

Nitram
    Thanks for the response! What about people who buy upgrades instead of playing for free... Do they throw off the balance of the game?

?

They are slightly better, the paid for ammunition makes a noticeable difference, but it's not practical in the long run, so no it's not really imbalanced. Look at it this way, if there's a powerful tank on the enemy team, chances are that there's one just as powerful on your team.

The only major advantage I see to paying is being able to go "directly" to high tier tanks instead of working your way up.

Nitram

Quote by Nitram View Post
    The only major advantage I see to paying is being able to go "directly" to high tier tanks instead of working your way up.
    Hello Gentlemen,
    I'm still playing these days, but things got harder and harder....my Pz38nA is now to light to match other tanks on the battlefield.
    It's true to say that paying makes thing easy, big tanks, big armor, big guns, camo scene, etc....but as i have no well earned money to spend for such a thing, i'll work my way up (as you say) but right now shooting or not does not matter as the caliber of my gun (now upgraded to 50 mm) is not even powerful to scratch any armor faced. For sure, to meet a Koenigstiger, an IS, or a Jagdpanther with my Pz38nA is fun. My favourite sport at the moment is slalom, slalom between house, between bushes, trees and die in flames as there's always a 88, 90, 105 or even more caliber that waits for me somewhere...i can't even ambush tanks as one shot is enough to destroy my tank.

Concerning the tier, i think now that there's a strategy used by the owners of this game. When you're a beginner, you play with a class I vehicle and you face vehicles up to class III, which is still correct. But when you're more experienced and use a class IV vehicle, then you meet monsters up to class IX (yes class nine)...IMO they put some frustration in the game only to force people to pay to get monsters as well and be able to face other tanks on the battlefield.

I now have enough credits to get my PzIV but i miss 6000 pts of experience to research it first....time will come...350 battles played, 52% victories, 137 kills and many awards...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

See, the thing is you have to adapt your strategies to the tanks you're in. You can't expect to be in a PZ38nA and stand a chance against an IS. You're a light tank, you can take on light tanks, you scout and flank them, take out the arty or other lightly armored targets.

Nitram

You guy's do well, 249 battles only 15 kills, the biggest one was a renault FT,and 53% victories.
    Like the slaloming as well!!
    Bakc to the scene of the crime!!
    cheers
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast