Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

bicycles? fahrräder??

Article about: Does anyone own a German bicycle from the war?

Default bicycles? fahrräder??

Does anyone own a German bicycle from the war?

Hi fallbarbarossa,
    Yes I have a German army bycyle in my collection. I have looked for a photo on file but do not have one. So I will have to sort that out next time I am down at my museum (The Channel islands Military Museum, Jersey). It was a total mess when I got it with 5 or 6 others, just a jumble of parts really. I cleaned it all up and it was sprayed in 3 colour camp, not sure that such a thing was ever done but it looks more interesting than the black you normally see them in. I rode it around St.Helier before it went into the museum on display and it certainly got some funny looks. And being a back peddler to brake, thats also a quite interesting concept.
    I am sure there are loads out there, I still have some spare parts ready to put onto the next frame I find but they are getting much harder to find and even some of the parts for these are being made now. Such a shame that no area of this collecting world has not been affected by the repro/copy merchants.
    D.

Could I get a photo, if it's not too much trouble?

I have a personal interest in Infanterie-Divisionen and they often used bicycles, especially in the Aufklärer-Abteilungen. Also, I'm thinking about buying a bike here in Russia and I'd like one that resembles the Wehrmacht bikes.

I'd also be really interested in seeing a photo of the bike.

Hi, I am in my museum tomorrow with a guided tour, if I have time and remember I will get a few shots for you and post them for you to see.
    D

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi, I am in my museum tomorrow with a guided tour, if I have time and remember I will get a few shots for you and post them for you to see.
    D
    Did you get any photos?

Hi fallbarbarossa,
    Unfortunately I did not as time was short. But I am back in there on Sunday and will try again. I did not forget just had to move on elsewhere before I was able to get you the pictures.
    D

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi fallbarbarossa,
    Unfortunately I did not as time was short. But I am back in there on Sunday and will try again. I did not forget just had to move on elsewhere before I was able to get you the pictures.
    D
    Ok, looking forward to them!

Hi Guy's, sorry for the delay in getting photos for you. I am very busy at this time, running my museum, helping out on the range and sorting out the kids. I will get you the photo's, it will either be Sunday or monday as both days I am in the museum. I am away tomorrow to Normandie looking at a couple of museums but have to be back for a military tour on Sunday.
    All the best,
    D