Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flak 38

Article about: A few weeks ago I went to look at a vehicle in a car storage facility and the owner when he learnt that I was interested in military vehicles asked if I might like to see what was hidden und

NickP976
    ?

Default Flak 38

A few weeks ago I went to look at a vehicle in a car storage facility and the owner when he learnt that I was interested in military vehicles asked if I might like to see what was hidden under a sheet in the corner and it turned out to be a Flak 38 on its trailer. After examining the "Canon" I left with the usual comment " If you are ever interested in selling...".
    Anyway the day before taking my wife away for a big birthday I received an e.mail asking if I might like to buy it plus some additional items they had found namely the magazines in the transit cases, optical sights, tool rolls and spare parts case so now the cannon is in the garage with the wife wondering yet again what the neighbours must think. Fortunately she likes it very much and thinks it will be a good investment (hopefully).
    Anyway what I need are as follows:
    1. Details of the netting that covers the frame for the spent cartridge catcher.
    2. Copies of any manuals.

Turns out the Flak is one of those that came out of Portugal.

Hope someone out there can assist.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flak 38   Flak 38  

WOW!! I wish I could get that lucky and find these big items. Do you have any photos of the rest of the equipment that goes with it?
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

sorry Nick I can't help you out in your quest.. But what a find & good luck with it.. Cheers Terry.

Congratulations on your new acquisition! You're fortunate in having such an understanding wife, and I appreciate you showing!
    cheers, Glenn

Awesome pick up. I wish I could find one and be able to afford to buy it when I did.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NickP976
    ?

As requested these are some of the extra and one with some re enactors displaying it for me at Rauceby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flak 38   Flak 38  

Flak 38   Flak 38  

did it come with the audi towing wagon?lol

?

Nick did you go to the Rauceby show this year? I have been a couple of times couldn't go this year as work got in the way....But it is worth a visit if you live local?.. Cheers Terry.

Hi, this one was indeed one of the few that came from the Army stock in Entroncamento.
    These were part of the armed forces weapons downsizing, a few pak 38`s are also included, 1937 k98`s, etc.... A total of 90000 firearms will be sold.