Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flak 88

Article about: A local collection has recently added this Flak 88, which I have the pleasure of helping maintain/operate trough my reenactment group. Sure is a beaut, though it needs a bit of restoration w

?

Default Re: Flak 88

Flak 88
    Flak 88
    Flak 88

Some shots of the 'detailing' for you modelers, from yesterday.

Has this been in a museum since the war? What's the history?

Great stuff!...

Great looking 88. I hate to tell anyone this, but I had the chance to buy one of these 25 years ago from a man in Indiana. He was a collector and had no room in his building anymore. he wanted $5000.00 for it and at that time It was way out of my price range. Let alone where would I keep in. I really Regret it now.
    I have no idea what ever happened to it. The pictures he showed me setting in his machine shed on the farm looked just like this one. He did tell me he got it from a Veterans of foreign wars post that wanted to get rid of it. He Probable bought it for scrap price.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    This one came from a very big private collection. Was parked in a barn. Don't know anything about it's history before that, but I'll try to find out. Apparently the specific model is Flak 38. Cost was a lot more than 5000$.

?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Great looking 88. I hate to tell anyone this, but I had the chance to buy one of these 25 years ago from a man in Indiana. He was a collector and had no room in his building anymore. he wanted $5000.00 for it and at that time It was way out of my price range. Let alone where would I keep in. I really Regret it now.
    I have no idea what ever happened to it. The pictures he showed me setting in his machine shed on the farm looked just like this one. He did tell me he got it from a Veterans of foreign wars post that wanted to get rid of it. He Probable bought it for scrap price.

John
    John that is enough to bring tears to my eyes
    Nitram it looks to be in decent condition I imagine it is a little froze up do to the fact that it has not been used in many years a little persuasion via sledge hammer and some penetrating oil and grease and I am shur it will be free spinning in no time agree with all the above some more photos and any kind of history would be most welcome.

Regards Mark K

Yes it does Mark.
    I was just a broke kid in those days. if only I knew what I know now.
    I even had a friends family in the trucking business that could have hauled it for me.
    Stupid me. But no money.
    John

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    John that is enough to bring tears to my eyes
    Nitram it looks to be in decent condition I imagine it is a little froze up do to the fact that it has not been used in many years a little persuasion via sledge hammer and some penetrating oil and grease and I am shur it will be free spinning in no time agree with all the above some more photos and any kind of history would be most welcome.

Regards Mark K
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Outstanding More photos please

?

A beaut indeed....and I want one! :-)

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Well, some more info has made it's way to me. It was found in a scrapyard in the 60's with trees growing around it, and was added to the collection that the current owner has purchased it from. It was originally tan colored, as can be seen in some pictures where it is pointing vertical (The hydraulic? pistons extend to show some of the original paint). Breech appears to be a Mauser, the repaint job was done by the previous owner in an effort to preserve/make presentable. However all the markings were repainted as per the original scheme, and the 4 rings around the barrel mark 4 kills. These were there originally, and we have some photos of it in the scrapyard, with it's tan paint, with the rings there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2