Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

german projectile question

Article about: hello all new guy here looking for some information on a projectile i came across while browsing a local flea market today,,the projectile is made of alluminium and is marked as follows 1936

bigcurt
    ?

Default german projectile question

hello all new guy here looking for some information on a projectile i came across while browsing a local flea market today,,the projectile is made of alluminium and is marked as follows 1936 K-B,first line,,sceond line reads 20 followed by a H over 113 and 1936 again,,theres a waffen amp that appeares to have a WaA 62 the bottom of the projectile screws out and markings on the bottom read AZ8812 first line,,sceond line reads 24e H over 113 and 1936,,there is also a waffenamp that looks like WaA 208 ,,the projectile is 10" long and about 2"s in diameter,,there is a large slotted screw head on the top that looks like where the tip would be screwed in,, any ideas of what it might be for? did the germans use aluminum projectiles? i gave 2 bucks for it and just thought it was an oddity and was one of those gotta have it items ..lol trying the pics hope they work

thanks in advance
    bigcurt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german projectile question   german projectile question  

Default Re: german projectile question

Hi Curt,

It,s a german incendiary bomb minus the tail fins, check it out on wikipedia.

Regards, Ned.

Here you go Curt. It's a 1kg incendiary bomb.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german projectile question  

bigcurt
    ?

hey thanks ned,,pretty cool!
    curt

bigcurt
    ?

i did some searching online and found a clip on youtube on the 1kg bomb ,,they showed a cross section and i found out that inside the case was a peice of rolled preferated aluminum that was part of the original fuse..i'm including a pic of the peice that came inside..
    thanks again ..it's a very intresting peice of ww2 history..wish i had the fins
    curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german projectile question  

Hi Curt,

You can pick these up complete and reasonably cheaply in the u.k, so keep your eyes peeled and you'll find a nice one advertised somwhere!

This ww2 poster is also available in many u.k millitary museums, obviously a copy, but for around 3 - 4 pounds it'll make a nice backdrop for your relic!!

Cheers, Ned.