MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!

Article about: I have just taken posession of a model of what I believe to be a WW1 German Flak gun. I base this assumption on the high elevation the barrel can reach. There are traces of typical WW1 Germa

Default German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!

I have just taken posession of a model of what I believe to be a WW1 German Flak gun. I base this assumption on the high elevation the barrel can reach. There are traces of typical WW1 German camoflage, and I strongly suspect that it is also likely to have been made around that time.

Tracking and elevation both work. The barrel is 9 inches in length and appears to be 9mm. The base is just over 3 inches in diameter, and it stands just over 6 inches high when the barrel is at zero elevation. The mount is either cast-iron or steel, and the barrel probably bronze. Part of the breech mechanism is missing. There is no maker's name, and I cannot decide if it was meant to be a working model or a childs toy. Has anyone ever seen another like it, or pass comments on what type of gun it is supposed to be?

Harry

German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!

?

Default Re: German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!

whatever it is it looks fantastic congrats on your new addition, rgds Dave

Where on earth did you come across something like this? Car boot sale?

?

A very nice model. Looks great.

I actually got it off ebay last week. It was listed under... 'Artlllery Piece' and the only bid it attracted was mine. I am an ex air defence gunner myself, so it really appealed to me. Rather oddly, even my wife likes it! After all, it does take up far less room than the real thing.

The barrel looks as though it is bored out to accept 9mm parabellum blanks. The condition of it is far better than the pictures actually show. I took some more snaps of it on top of the bird table outside yesterday. They show the breech area in better detail.

Harry.
    German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!German WW1 AA gun on a small scale!

Very interesting! I hope you get to find out some of its history some day. Could even be an expensive child's toy perhaps from a time when quality actually meant something.

That is really nice and what a good find.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Congrats Harry!
    Very cool piece.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Great model. Looks like a deck gun.........
    Regards,

Steve.