Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German WW2 style moped

Article about: For a few years now ive wanted to make a motorized bicycle. I thought it would be a fun way to commute to the store and back while at my family's vacation property. So a few months ago I fou

?

German WW2 style moped

Just to show other people what i mean!

Certainly is a conversation starter, fingers crossed some of those casual talks lead to additions to the collection. I like it.

What a great little bike. What's it like over sand?

MAP
    ?

Love it Jarret! Not only does it look cool, but it must have been fun to build as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is a really great project Jarret and i'm impressed with how it has turned out - I can imagine it was quite challenging but you have really nailed it.
    40mph though - don't you need to register it as a motorcycle? Or are the laws based on the engine size?
    nick

Quote by Anderson View Post
    What a great little bike. What's it like over sand?
    Thanks Anderson! I haven't been able to try it on sand yet, but I am very curious on how it will preform in those conditions. A friend of mine has some beach front property. I may bring the bike with me the next time im over for a visit.

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    That is a really great project Jarret and i'm impressed with how it has turned out - I can imagine it was quite challenging but you have really nailed it.
    40mph though - don't you need to register it as a motorcycle? Or are the laws based on the engine size?
    nick
    I greatly appreciate the support HoundsTooth! Unfortunately I haven't read up on the laws covering these types of things yet. But I do believe you are right. If your vehicle goes over a certain speed it has to be registered. I think this bike exceeds the speed limit for no registration. This is definitely something I need to look into soon. On the upside the test drives I preformed were on private property.

Best regards- Jarret

?

Fabulous job, Jarret!
    The bow-frame shape has a real period look to it and I’m sure you could easily (were you so unscrupulously inclined), pass it off as a ‘restoration’, rather than a modification!

Absolutely wonderful!

Well done and thanks for the grin!

All the very best,
    Bob

Achtung Andy here!

Wishing you all a fantastic Memorial day weekend

German WW2 style moped

Nice one & good to see ya haven't crashed it!
    I probably would have!!!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-26-2019 at 05:09 AM. Reason: added text

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast