Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German WW2 style moped

Article about: For a few years now ive wanted to make a motorized bicycle. I thought it would be a fun way to commute to the store and back while at my family's vacation property. So a few months ago I fou

Cracking photo mate, the bike looks awesome
    Nick

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice one & good to see ya haven't crashed it!
    I probably would have!!!
    I mainly keep it in the garage, but when I get bored I take it out for a small ride. The closest thing I will ever get to a military vehicle

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    I mainly keep it in the garage, but when I get bored I take it out for a small ride. The closest thing I will ever get to a military vehicle

Best regards- Jarret
    Hey Jarret, You never know!?! I never thought I'd encounter a Jeepy hey.
    And I did crash it into a small gum tree and had to replace the front leaf springs!!

?

I'm glad this got bumped to the top again. You did a fantastic job on the paint scheme on the bike. Almost Desert Fox good!!

A couple years ago my Son wanted to motorize his bike. We made a deal and he kept his part of the deal, so we ordered one that was 50cc and I got it installed.(Rear wheel sprocket was a PIA) The thing would not start. It was a bad magi that came with it. Got that replaced and she fired up, Well she peddled up and running. My son had the BIGGEST SMILE on his face as he zooommed around the neighborhood.
    One thing to keep in mind is that the bolts will loosen up on you. My son lost the muffler several times! First with the nuts coming loose then the entire bolt came out of the head.
    Just an FYI to KEEP IT TIGHT!

Once again Great Job. I really do like the paint job
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Fantastic Job! Cool bike.

Regards,

Joel

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I'm glad this got bumped to the top again. You did a fantastic job on the paint scheme on the bike. Almost Desert Fox good!!

A couple years ago my Son wanted to motorize his bike. We made a deal and he kept his part of the deal, so we ordered one that was 50cc and I got it installed.(Rear wheel sprocket was a PIA) The thing would not start. It was a bad magi that came with it. Got that replaced and she fired up, Well she peddled up and running. My son had the BIGGEST SMILE on his face as he zooommed around the neighborhood.
    One thing to keep in mind is that the bolts will loosen up on you. My son lost the muffler several times! First with the nuts coming loose then the entire bolt came out of the head.
    Just an FYI to KEEP IT TIGHT!

Once again Great Job. I really do like the paint job
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    So sorry, i'm just now seeing your post.

Thanks for the kind words Phil! Makes me happy to know that my buddies here on the forum approve of my little project.

Yeah the rear wheel sprocket is one of the more tricky parts of a motorized bike build. Luckily my father built some bikes back in the day, so he was able to lend me a hand on that part. Sounds like your son really liked that bike! Does he still ride it any? I'm curious to know how it held up over the years.

Thanks for telling me about the bolts! I will definitely be watching out for that. I wouldn't want the thing to fall apart on me.

Best regards- Jarret

?

Well he rode it for about a year, He was taking it to work and his friends house. Then he broke the left pedal on the bike while I was away on training. When I talked to him on the phone, I reminded him that the pedal is threaded lefty tighty not righty tighty, I heard him exhale real loud. and he said OOOH OK. When I got home and looked at it to replace , He had stripped the treads clean off the pedal and the crank arm. I told him we could get a new sprocket/pedals BUT, Then he got his license and it does get a little warm here during the summer month, So now its sitting on the back porch collection dust and now he is driving the Caravan. I asked about the Bike, He said NO. I like the van. I don't blame him. It was a bonding adventure for us!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3