Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Infantry Trailer (if8) - First Model

Article about: As mentioned in the 3 ton half track thread I have this trailer to restore. Attachment 1310976 I have made a start on the wheels. The first wheel is now in red primer and the second is about

It's coming along nicely

Thank you for the compliment. It is getting there slowly, should look nice when finished.

Finally managed to get all the rust off the tubing. The frame is now sporting a lovely coat of red primer.

Have also fitted the rear reflector, rear tow hook plate and grease nipples for the axles. Now need to make and fit the rubber pads for the suspension and when the weather is a little warmer and drier start to paint the frame sand.

Infantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First Model

?

Great work. Looks like a fun project.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I agree Phil, that's what it should be.. FUN!

I look forward to the further updates, good luck.

Are they original wheelie bins? Stamped-up etc?......I’m not sure about the paint.....I doubt it’s Normandy.....

Yes original wheelie bins in Urban Camouflage with unit markings.

..nice try...but never try to out-compo a Composite fan.....FAKE!

Been a little busy over the last few days while the weather has been drier and warmer.

Have managed to paint the bottom of the trailer sand and mount the swing arms and suspension after a few problems and some naughty words. Need to change the swing arm securing nuts as they are to big, should be half nuts which are on order, and touch up the paint before turning right way up to complete the painting.

Infantry Trailer  (if8) - First ModelInfantry Trailer  (if8) - First Model

Looking good!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast