Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jacques Littlefield Panther

Article about: What has happened to the Littlefield Panther? I heard the entire collection was sold. I searched the internet and could not find anything about where it is now. I did see some info from 2011

?

Default Jacques Littlefield Panther

What has happened to the Littlefield Panther? I heard the entire collection was sold. I searched the internet and could not find anything about where it is now. I did see some info from 2011 where Poland was claiming the Panther was stolen and wanted it back...

I would have thought that Germany had 1st claim.lol

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    What has happened to the Littlefield Panther? I heard the entire collection was sold. I searched the internet and could not find anything about where it is now. I did see some info from 2011 where Poland was claiming the Panther was stolen and wanted it back...
    I believe the main core of the collection, of which the Panther was the centrepiece, was taken up by the Collings Foundation of Massachusetts. They are a non profit making educational foundation that encourages education by participation, they already have a wide ranging aircraft and vehicle collection of operating historical items like a B-17, B-24, B-25 etc. as well as aircraft from other countries and various racing cars, historically important cars, trucks as well. The foundation were due to build a museum to house the tank collection from the Littlefield estate.

So in effect, saved for posterity in running condition that will be maintained.

403 Forbidden Link does work.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Paul Allen (Microsoft co-founder) apparently bought it but it now in legal limbo.....this article was from Sept 14. Don't know what has happened since.

(I think this is the one you are talking about. I could be wrong)

Paul Allen Sues Over German Tank - Business Insider

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Wait, it was a panzer IV, not a Panther. My bad..

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Paul Allen (Microsoft co-founder) apparently bought it but it now in legal limbo.....this article was from Sept 14. Don't know what has happened since.

(I think this is the one you are talking about. I could be wrong)

Paul Allen Sues Over German Tank - Business Insider

Michael
    Hello Michael,
    That's an interesting link, but it's not a Panther.
    Never the less something not to be sneezed at.

Jonathan.

MAP
    ?

Quote by severin View Post
    Hello Michael,
    That's an interesting link, but it's not a Panther.
    Never the less something not to be sneezed at.

Jonathan.
    Yes, realized that right after I posted so corrected in post #5. Didn't edit post #4...too lazy

I'd be happy with either

ooops

I came across information about Littlefield's Panther yesterday. This Panther (according to the version I found) was damaged and left by it's crew in January of 1945 near village of Czarna Nida. In late 1940s or 1950s turret was destroyed by engineer units and was left untill 1990s when it's gone and was in illegal way sent through Western Europe to UK and later to US to Jacques Littlefield's collection.

In 1990, it was prohibited to sell outside Poland items from the war, memories of victory.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast