Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just bought this license plate of the internet WH

Article about: I just got this off a auction site. It looks real to me. I paid 138 for it. Maybe I overpaid for it but always wanted one to hang on the wall. Kinda hard to find them. Whats your thoughts? A

Default Just bought this license plate of the internet WH

I just got this off a auction site. It looks real to me. I paid 138 for it. Maybe I overpaid for it but always wanted one to hang on the wall. Kinda hard to find them. Whats your thoughts? Any way tracking what unit its from ? Just bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WH

Looks good. Dont think a register of actual license numbers would be found these days to tie to a unit.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That's good to hear Danmark. You think what I paid for is ok?. I mean heck, kinda hard to find them.

?

There actually is a register but I can't remember where I saw it. Magnify the black paint and the red stamp to make sure that they are not painted on postwar. I've had one that I swore was real but when I magnified it, it was a postwar plate done up and aged with a fake red military stamp.

I just got this today and Its coming from Kurland area. DougB since you dealt with this before, anyway you can make my picture bigger and see? I have no clue, out of my realm on this one

?

No sorry, by magnify I mean using a loupe at 20x. It's very easy to tell if you see painted stamp vs an ink stamp, same with painted black lines on the plate. That said Heer plates probably not going to be faked moreso SS plates.

I see what your saying. I would doubt this one is faked also. It's not a high value ss "object"". Im trying to research some old forums about looking these up and Looks like there is a database someone has. Looks like the digits are organized by unit numbers, something like that

Just bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WHJust bought this license  plate of the internet WHI also got this in the same deal. I don't think its faked either

It looks fine.

I will refresh Doug's memory:

WWIIdaybyday.com

The only thing I would question is the unit marking to the gas mask can. This is too general.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast