MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Kübelwagen Manual

Article about: Hello Gents, I am interested in this manual for the VW Kübelwagen. The seller want's +1000\\$ for it. It's from 1944 and made by the US war Department it looks like. Question is, is it really

Default Re: Kübelwagen Manual

Its just a US War Department publication so a GI mechanic / driver could understand a bit more about this" crazy kraut car" with the engine in the trunk!!!!!! ( or as we would say - all arse about ) & the price? ....... "tell him he's dreamin"

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I will Is that Fritz?

Cheers

I believe there is a commercially available reprint of that publication available for much less, "TM E9-803, Volkswagen for the Wehrmacht, 1939-1945, Type 82 Kubelwagen," a detailed examination of a German Jeep captured by the U.S. War Department, by Dan Post, 1972, Post-Era Motorbooks, Arcadia, California, 91006. I have a copy if you are interested.

?

This is Just an outstanding Site. A person comes here to ask if $ 1k is to much to pay for a manual he is looking for and the Gent's here just pop out with free downloads!!!!!! I really Love this site!! You Guy's are AWESOME!!!

I also love the Kubelwagen. I cannot afford a real one but always thought about picking up a VW Thing and converting it!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Lol I had the same idea once, but went for a Willys MB instead.
    The 'Thing' wasn't too great a vehicle.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I might follow in your footsteps Steve unless I find a m8 or m3 scoutcar

?

I notice the date June 6 1944 as being a rather auspicious one? .. still not worth the extra $800+ though is it? .... what it has done is inspire me to and get an old Manual ( think it is written by a Dutch outfit, though in english) I lent a mate about 10 years back,he only lives 2 minutes from here, it has all the US and British heavy vehicles used during the war ... I'll upload a few images later tonight

Less than the price of a Lexus
    Light Military Vehicles For Sale – MILWEB Classifieds

Myself, I'm saving up for a tank from the site
    Last edited by meyerse; 03-08-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    This is Just an outstanding Site. A person comes here to ask if $ 1k is to much to pay for a manual he is looking for and the Gent's here just pop out with free downloads!!!!!! I really Love this site!! You Guy's are AWESOME!!!

I also love the Kubelwagen. I cannot afford a real one but always thought about picking up a VW Thing and converting it!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    I think the later German military (post war models) are probably an easier conversion?

And about 20 grand less too.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast