Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lucky Day

Article about: by Wolfspear I grew up 3 miles from RAF Waddington and 7 miles from RAF Scampton we used to get the Red Arrows, Lancaster and Vulcans flying over our school regularly ! A dream Nick Hi Nick

Talking Lucky Day

Yesterday (wednesday) I saw a Sturmgeshutz III Ausf. F or G passing before my eyes on a transporter truck, a few hours later hearing a noise I looked up to the sky and saw a P51 Mustang flying by.
    I live near Antwerp Airport.

OK you can start hating me

Default Re: Lucky Day

Lucky guy.

?

Nothing like hearing the sound of that Rolls-Royce engine...

Must be great hearing that kind of engine overhead pity you didnt have a camera handy though

Thanks

Danny

i miss that throaty growl u can only get from the merlin

?

Passed a Bren carrier on a low-loader on the M3 heading South-West, whilst on my way to my sons at Tidworth on Friday 18th June.
    Mega p*ssed off that I couldn't get a photo because I was on my bike in lane 3 doing about 80mph at the time!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: I should have, somewhere, a photo of a B17 or B24 in flight over RAF Waddington a few years ago, I will have to have a look for it and post it if I find it

i know someone has a skdfz251 in woolwich north london and i hear tales of two guys driving thru london in a steiner in full ss field uniforms the guy seemed genuine just wondered if they survived brixton

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    Nothing like hearing the sound of that Rolls-Royce engine...
    Hopefully it wasnt the earlier Packard V-1650 engine ...boring!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

hi panzer.woolwich is se london.near where I live.

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Passed a Bren carrier on a low-loader on the M3 heading South-West, whilst on my way to my sons at Tidworth on Friday 18th June.
    Mega p*ssed off that I couldn't get a photo because I was on my bike in lane 3 doing about 80mph at the time!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: I should have, somewhere, a photo of a B17 or B24 in flight over RAF Waddington a few years ago, I will have to have a look for it and post it if I find it
    I grew up 3 miles from RAF Waddington and 7 miles from RAF Scampton we used to get the Red Arrows, Lancaster and Vulcans flying over our school regularly ! A dream

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast