Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My little collection of panzer parts

Article about: Here's my wee collection. Battle damaged Panther wheel and 3 Panther tracks, I do have 4 pins for them. Tiger 1 steel wheel and 3 Tiger 1 tracks also with 4 pins. A set of Kingtiger tracks a

?

Hi guys. Sorry I don't get on line so much. Here is my set of Ferdinand/Elephant tracks. For such a heavy tank they're not that big 640mm wide and 37kg as pictured, they're slightly worn on one side more just like other panzer tracks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of panzer parts  

?

Great little (?) collection, the best thing is there is no doubting that they're the real deal...awfully hard to fake a KT roadwheel!

Nice Ferdy tracks too - considering how few of these vehicles were built ANY relics aren't going to be very common.

I've started buying the odd "PanzerPart" myself , I always get a kick out of seeing any remaining original paint left on vehicle parts. I have some PzKpfw II Luchs trackpins on their way - if they ever get here to 'Oz that is...

Regards

Dan

My old Panther wheel, now residing at the Tank Museum.

I just love the Panzer collections, no matter how big/small they are..

Always wanted a Tiger Track link, but they're so pricey now!

Thanks for showing us this great collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of panzer parts  

Great Collection! Thank you for sharing!

?

The latest set in, both sets are 505 from the same tank.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of panzer parts   My little collection of panzer parts  

Very nice. Heavy Metal indeed!

?

I've been busy with this frame I've been making at work, this will give some of you track collectors an idea for displaying them. The plate at the back is wide enough to mount a big steel wheel as it's not completed yet. The teeth were a pain in the backside, I laser cut 10mm plate then welded 4 together 40mm wide and it took a bit of finishing with the grinder. I'll be making another for the panther parts but not so involved with the teeth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of panzer parts   My little collection of panzer parts  

It has to be said Rob L, you are a seriously dedicated collector.

Looks great Rob, keep on tracking!

?

Thanks guys. Here are the finished products with the exception of powder coating (leaving the teeth bare steel). The panther frame has a 10mm copy of the centre of the panther wheel I laser cut, was the simplest idea I could come up with and allot less work than the tiger steel wheel.

My little collection of panzer parts   My little collection of panzer parts  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast