Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My Panzer Track Link

Article about: Great stuff, what an assortment! Looks like with a few more bits and a bit of effort you could be driving it to work!

Default My Panzer Track Link

I just got this the other day, and it was a rusty, muddy mess! I decided to do a little cleaning today and got some results. I started with navy jelly, then graduated to oxalic acid. The acid seemed to work better. That eastern European mud was a nightmare to get out/off! A hammer and screwdriver got a lot, but not all off. Wire brushes even came up against a formidable cake of rust and mud. I guess that 60+ years in the ground will do that to most things.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Panzer Track Link   My Panzer Track Link  

My Panzer Track Link   My Panzer Track Link  

My Panzer Track Link   My Panzer Track Link  

My Panzer Track Link  

Default Re: My Panzer Track Link

Cleaned up pretty darn Good,actually! A cool artifact for sure! How many people can say they've got one sitting on their shelf,hey? A "hunk of a tank"! Did it come off a Mk4? (I imagine that there must be a way to tell,but I haven't an actual clue! Not quite my field of experience! )William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Cleaned up pretty darn Good,actually! A cool artifact for sure! How many people can say they've got one sitting on their shelf,hey? A "hunk of a tank"! Did it come off a Mk4? (I imagine that there must be a way to tell,but I haven't an actual clue! Not quite my field of experience! )William
    Thanks, Wargriff! I was told it could be off of a Panzer IV, or Stug III. I'm no expert, as everyone knows, lol. I've got a bunch of ice cleats that I cleaned up too. I love this board and it's members. You guys have always been most helpful!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Panzer Track Link   My Panzer Track Link  

Must have cost a pretty penny to ship?

Very nice - heavily worn chevrons on the tread, but clear ordnance code - so actually in good nick, just battle worn! The CKC code indicates that it was manufactured by Deutsche Eisenwerke AG, Muehlheim, Ruhr.

I have a couple in my collection, which now also include Elefant and King Tiger links that I received after the photo was taken.

Came out real nice Jay. I know it was alot of work but worth it.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by steverobertsbbc View Post
    Very nice - heavily worn chevrons on the tread, but clear ordnance code - so actually in good nick, just battle worn! The CKC code indicates that it was manufactured by Deutsche Eisenwerke AG, Muehlheim, Ruhr.

I have a couple in my collection, which now also include Elefant and King Tiger links that I received after the photo was taken.

That's quite a collection you got going on there! Nice!!!!

?

Great collection! I'd love to have one! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Now that is some good stuff. You guys always amaze me with what you come up with.

Brings back memories of throwing a track ... the mud, the mess and the sweat. Different tanks, different times and different countries but I don't think there was any different way to get rolling again.

Thanks for sharing your paper weights,
    Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

I could hold down a lot of paper with my two-piece King Tiger link, Rudy - it weighs 64kg!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast