Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Pak 40

Article about: Hi folks, Back in 1999, this Pak 40 was "recovered" from a location in Pennsylvania. It was on display at two events in Southeast PA. After that, it went to the West coast. I have

Default Pak 40

Hi folks, Back in 1999, this Pak 40 was "recovered" from a location in Pennsylvania. It was on display at two events in Southeast PA. After that, it went to the West coast. I have no idea what happened to it and I was not involved in the recovery or transfer. As you can see, it is pretty intact and in fairly good shape. It still retained the original hard rubber tires. You can see original damage the right side shield that was not repaired. A round (about 50 cal) went through the shield and snapped off the corner. To secure it to a trailer, I had to shimmy along the barrel to raise the Lafette - it was a bit heavy. I wonder where it is today. NH

Pak 40Pak 40Pak 40

?

Those are rare buddy. It would be great fun to get to play with it.

?

Question

Is this one of 2, the other was a PAK 38 if I remember right, that was setting on a hillside as part of a park display? I believe it belonged to a local VFW post.
    Sarge

Not sure Sarge - but that could have been the origin. NH