Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Panzer 1V track link.

Article about: by big ned Do you think it's possible the rare StuG link may possibly be off a Jagdpanzer L/70? It is remarkably similar, or was there other pieces found with the link that pointed to it bei

Default Re: Panzer 1V track link.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Do you think it's possible the rare StuG link may possibly be off a Jagdpanzer L/70? It is remarkably similar, or was there other pieces found with the link that pointed to it being off a StuG IV?? I honestly haven't seen one with the extra webs for strength or grip before and wondered if it might have to do with the use of the steel road wheels/bogie wheels that were required for the uprated weight of the IV chassis when used for the L/70. I appreciate your views.
    That had occurred to me as well, Ned. But even widening the search to take in any Pz III/IV chassis vehicles has drawn a blank. Also, my digger is very experienced, well respected and knows his stuff, so if he says it was a StuG IV, I'd say it probably was. It remains a mystery! I would be absolutely thrilled if anyone could find a picture of this type of track on a vehicle. I can almost convince myself that I can see the additional ribs on this StuG III, but the image quality is just on the wrong side of being good enough. And I've just noticed that the spare links on the hull have "solid" guide horns rather than open ones, so they're probably not the same ones.

Last edited by steverobertsbbc; 10-21-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Is this one from schwere Panzerjager Abt 614 ?
    Yes indeed, a rather ill-fated unit as it turned out...

What a great collection Steve, they look great!..............Paul, do you know of any good pics online of Panzer 1V's from the Narva battlefields? I want to build a model to display with my track link but I would like to build it with the correct colour schemes, unit markings etc.. to represent a tank from that particular battlezone. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much apreciated, thanks boys,
    Dave.

?

Dave will have a look in my Narva photo archive for you , there is a book called Panzer Gruppe Strachwitz by Mike Pruett which featues a collection of photos from the March sack Battles at Narva , it shows lots of Stugs and panzer IV from the Panzer Abt Feldhernhalle and Tigers from s Panzer Abt 502 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Paul, that would be great. Cheers mate.

?

Cracking thread guys, some superb links in your collections. Well done and thanks for sharing them!

Regards,

Carl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3