Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts

Article about: by mayfiebl Gas cap is off a sb350 DKW Ahhhh, OK, Thank you for the confirmation information. This is also what I thought. I like these relics parts. I must get a shadow type box sometime to

Default Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts

Hi, a friend has sent these items from Volgograd. He knows I have ridden Harleys my whole life and thought these were motorcycle parts....are they?

I already have posted the gas/petrol cap....it is from a DKW motorcycle? of unknown size to be ( 250-350cc??) made by the auto-union.

From pic he sent of this rubber part it looked to me like foot rest, or maybe the kick starter rubber part. It has no hole on the end, so I do not think it is that now. Any ideas, or if it even is from a motorcycle.

What about the spark plug, is this the size and type for motorcycle of that vintage? It is not marked, and looks like it might be the right size for a bike.

Thanks for any help , and have a Happy Holidays!

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts   Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts  

Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts   Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts  

Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts   Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts  

Default Re: Question: Unknown German Motorcycle Parts

Hi,

It could well be the correct spark plug as that Beru rubber "barrel" is a spare spark plug case. It is mssing the two round section bands that fit in the recesses to keep it shut.

David

schnellmann
    ?

I can't read the writing on the larger round object, but it looks like it is a hub cap from an Audi automobile. But I could be wrong... The only word I CAN read is "verwend" which means "turn"

Quote by zundappuk View Post
    Hi,

It could well be the correct spark plug as that Beru rubber "barrel" is a spare spark plug case. It is mssing the two round section bands that fit in the recesses to keep it shut.

David
    Hi, thanks for info. I tried the spark plug, and it does fit in the rubber piece. On the inside of the rubber "barrel" it has the shape of a spark plug now that I look at it more. This is what it must be. Thanks.

Regards, Steve

Quote by schnellmann View Post
    I can't read the writing on the larger round object, but it looks like it is a hub cap from an Audi automobile. But I could be wrong... The only word I CAN read is "verwend" which means "turn"
    Hi, it is a gas cap from a DKW motorcycle or possibly another. This is why it says "verwend" "turn" on it. It is much too small for hubcap on an automobile. I thought it looked like a hubcap also with no size references next to it.

Regards, Steve

Spark plug could be from any motorcycle which had them turned. I suggest Zündapp.... Too bad that one part is missing.

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    Spark plug could be from any motorcycle which had them turned. I suggest Zündapp.... Too bad that one part is missing.
    Yes, it could be from a Zundapp also. You are right, too bad that part is missing. I will try to find the other pieces. Maybe my friend will dig some up.

Have a good New Years!

Regards, steve

I hope that your friend will dig up whole motorcycle!

Happy New Year, I wish you growth of your collection!

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    I hope that your friend will dig up whole motorcycle!

Happy New Year, I wish you growth of your collection!
    Thank You. Ha!, yes I hope he does also!

Regards, Steve

Gas cap is off a sb350 DKW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast