Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real of Fake? Tiger tank photo.

Article about: Not good for me either. The 88mm looks weird,i think it's an abandoned one. I've seen something similar in a Pz book somewhere. Stewy S

Default Re: Real of Fake? Tiger tank photo.

Not good for me either. The 88mm looks weird,i think it's an abandoned one. I've seen something similar in a Pz book somewhere. Stewy S

This pic even with brightening still is too bad off for me to make much of a judgement on it.

grndskeeper
    ?

I'm gonna go-out on a limb here and argue for the "fake" side of this...

Some background: I'm an art director at a design firm, a designer for 20 years. So, I have done a fair bit of photo correction, illustration etc. in the course of my career.

Based on the overall lighting, the way the ground doesn't seem to match well with how the tank sits, the already commented-on trees and foliage interacting with the gun, the odd textures along the gun's barrel, the equally odd lighter textures in the foreground that look like damaged concrete rather than grasses and that seem to have been clone-stamped (they repeat), as well as the flattened overall appearance of the image (which appears either embossed, inverted or is using some kind of other canned 3D filter as the trees have dropshadows where they shouldn't, and are flat where they should have depth)....this looks like somebody has taken a picture of a tiger and dropped it into another scene, and then used about every filter they could think of to obscure what they did -- or they took a photo of a tiger sitting in a densely wooded area, and purposely messed with it.

Now, this, erm, photostyling could've been done to compliment the design of a website, rather than being anything purposely malicious...but if the question is "fake or real"...

...I'm calling this a photoshop and not a great one. I'm not really sure why anyone would bother.

ive found out that it is a fake. it was made using a game called armed assault

Quote by Sourkraut View Post
    ive found out that it is a fake. it was made using a game called armed assault
    Oh No!!! Really,

Well, thanks for coming up with that one, it's been emotional !!

Cheesed, Ned.

The Tiger is WAY too short and narrow in this picture, its completely out of porportion, reminds me a little of that bad immitation they used in the film "Saving Private Ryan" shown here, which was just a T-34 hull with a Fake tiger shell placed on it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real of Fake? Tiger tank photo.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Real of Fake? Tiger tank photo. 
    Last edited by Berthier92; 09-26-2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Inserting picture

?

The National markings on the side stand out way too much and look too big, IMO

I was going to say it's a screen dump from a computer game...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2