Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture

Article about: I have a road wheel from a WWII German Panther Ausf. G. I has a large 75mm shell hole it. Based on the hole, this was one of the 8 outer road wheels. This is supposedly from a Panther that w

Default Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture

I have a road wheel from a WWII German Panther Ausf. G. I has a large 75mm shell hole it. Based on the hole, this was one of the 8 outer road wheels. This is supposedly from a Panther that was hit outside of Bastogne Belgium (9th SS Panzer Div?). I am looking for a wartime picture of this Panther with the shell hole in the wheel. I believe that this Panter was moving when hit based on several track teeth marks in the rubber. I also believe that this was a newer Panther based on the minimal wear to the rubber (the casting seam going down the center of the rubber is still present). - Van
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture   Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture  

Attached Images Attached Images Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture  Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture 

Default Re: Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture

Hey quest master, thats a great looking find, i, am thinking of, a nice sheet of frosted glass, and bingo, a fine coffee table for the front room....

The Pope? How many divisions has he got?
    Joseph Stalin

lucky guy,I have been looking for one of those for years.the last one I saw the guy wanted 1000$.

I remember seeing a photo from ww2 of a Jagd Panther with a shell hole it one of its outer wheels, it was located in France, i'll try hunting down a pic

Here are some pics of panthers destroyed in Belgium, The Panther in the city Koeln has its rear road wheel punctured. Hope it helps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture   Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture  

Road Wheel from Panther - need wartime picture  

I'm fairly certain that that bottom color picture is a model!
    Thanks for posting the pictures. Not quite a match for my road wheel.

These wheels are so heavy.. I donated mine to the Tank Museum..

Still miss it!

Great item and story, I will be in Bastogne at Christmas time

I would imagine that there were numerous Panzer's disabled with wheel or track shots......