Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Russian 107mm M1877 (42 Line Gun) also in German Landwehr service

Article about: I have recently purchased a Russian 107mm M1877 (42 Line Gun). A number of these pieces were captured by German Forces in WW1 and equipped 22 Imperial German Landwehr Foot Artillery Batterie

Default Russian 107mm M1877 (42 Line Gun) also in German Landwehr service

I have recently purchased a Russian 107mm M1877 (42 Line Gun). A number of these pieces were captured by German Forces in WW1 and equipped 22 Imperial German Landwehr Foot Artillery Batteries. The piece is in reasonably good condition with little in the way of rust but is missing a few key parts such as the breech block and wheels. The most problematic is the breech block. However, I am confident that I can manufacture a good replacement because I have recently produced a similar block for my German 9cm C/1873 Kanone. That said, if anyone has access to a good technical drawing of the breech block for this gun I am really looking for this type of information. Otherwise a visit to measure and photograph a surviving original may be the only option. Good drawings of these wheels would also be good to have but I already have the basic measurements of these from the Finnish Artillery Museum.

This gun is set on a high mounted carriage and is primarily intended for fortress or siege operations. The lower carriage of the Russian 107mm K/1877 Field Gun was its equivalent field service piece. That said, the 107mm K/1877 (42 Line Gun) was used as a heavy artillery (Foot Artillery) gun in support of maneuver in captured service by the German Landwehr batteries. I suspect it would also have been used in this role with the Imperial Russian Artillery during WW1.

This piece was manufactured in 1889 and as a pre-1898 piece does not require registration in the US by ATF.

If anyone has a bit more information on this piece it would be great to hear from you.
    (a simular post has been made on the Russian Artillery part of this forum)

Here is the link:

Imperial Russian 107mm (42 Line Gun)

Ralph Lovett
    Lovett Artillery Index Page

?

Default Re: Russian 107mm M1877 (42 Line Gun) also in German Landwehr service

Nice gun you owe now, congratulations! It is surely used in ww1 from the Russian side
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics