Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Article about: Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me... One more question: Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another S

Hi Fabe

That is one half of a double for the Sd.Kfz.250.

Regards

?

THX - this wheel is on sale for around 50-60 EU - would you say that is an OK price? (I realize, that I got my other wheels for a cheap price)

Quote by Granatwerfer View Post
    Hi Fabe

That is one half of a double for the Sd.Kfz.250.

Regards

Yes I would say that is an OK price, do you have to pay shipping or collect in person.

This is just my personal view, but it seems harder to find Sd.Kfz.250 wheels than 251's, maybe it is because they made less of them. But then again they are the same wheels for the 1 ton Demag, so there should be plenty about.

Regards

?

Well, first I would have to bid on it (2 days left) - but I think the price wouldn't go beyond 60 EU...but who knows. I'll try anyway...
    Funny thing, the seller is selling this as a "251" wheel - and frankly, if this was a 251, I'd leave it...

Shipping will cost another 6-8 EU - within Hungary, it's not too bad...

THX - Fabe

Lightbulb

At that price, I'd go for it ! At La Gleize in June, 80-100 Euros seemed to be the average ( with the occasional dealer asking much more...)

?

just an update - I evetually didn't win that wheel from post #39 - someone stabbed me in the heart with 10 seconds left
    however - there is another one (I belive a 251 single wheel?? with plenty of paint left)

I'll post pics - again, hoping to win it...but not getting my hopes up this time. as you can see it; two of these good shaped wheels are part of a postwar cart - the seller said, he might sell the other one also...

price is again around 80-90 EU:

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

I like that one - it's an outer 251 wheel with six bolt-holes. Very interesting to see it 'in situ' being used on a farm cart......It's a pity that the price is just a little on the high side, considering that the tyre is showing obvious damage.

Talking of high prices, one of these wheels just sold on Ebay Germany for 267 Euro. OK it was in a little better condition, but not worth the sale price.

As Martin said even 80-90 Euro is a little on the high side, I would say a good wheel in average condition, but still usable, 60 Euro tops. This is just my opinion and I would not pay more, but if someone wants it badly enough they will pay the silly prices.

Just had a thought, we keep seeing all these single outer wheels for sale that have been made into farm carts or just carts, what has happened to all the inner wheels with the spacers. My thoughts are that the outer wheels were easier to convert and the inners were just disposed of.
    Last edited by Granatwerfer; 10-06-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts

Lightbulb

Quote by Granatwerfer View Post

Just had a thought, we keep seeing all these single outer wheels for sale that have been made into farm carts or just carts, what has happened to all the inner wheels with the spacers. My thoughts are that the outer wheels were easier to convert and the inners were just disposed of.

Good thought - I'd been wondering myself.......it's possible that if you were a farmer and found a 251 lying in a nearby lane, it'd be easier to get some spanners and 'pinch' the outer wheels rather than the inner ones, which may have then gone to the scrap man along with the rest of the vehicle ?

( Maybe we need to find a veteran farmer to ask ! )

?

right now, the bid at 65 EU - I might go as far as 75, just considering the decent amount of original paint, but no further...

I can only speak of post-war Hungary (but I'm sure this was the case in the rest of the "iron curtain" countries as well) - after the war, there was metal shortage + Stalin was ordering all the puppet governments to make more & more iron/metal making factorires - as he was getting ready for WW3. So any metal found, was scrapped (exept the re-usable wheels).

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast