Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Article about: Ah...it seems it's "relic-day" day for me... One more question: Can you guys confirm for a fact, that these are "NSU Kettenkrad HK 101 SdKfz 2" wheels? Or maybe another S

?

update:
    I did win this wheel for 65 EU.

more pics, when arrives...

Quote by Fabe View Post
    just an update - I evetually didn't win that wheel from post #39 - someone stabbed me in the heart with 10 seconds left
    however - there is another one (I belive a 251 single wheel?? with plenty of paint left)

I'll post pics - again, hoping to win it...but not getting my hopes up this time. as you can see it; two of these good shaped wheels are part of a postwar cart - the seller said, he might sell the other one also...

price is again around 80-90 EU:

Attachment 749151Attachment 749152

Thumbs up

Good result, Fabe ! I very much look forward to seeing more......

?

thx - I just wrote to the seller, that make sure he uses a metal-saw to get the wheel off the axle - don't touch oiriginal bolts & screws

Wink

...just suggest that he sends you the whole cart......!

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    ...just suggest that he sends you the whole cart......!
    Go and wheel it home.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

update:

the wheel arrived - this is some photos after a quick shower in the bathtub:

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

I think I won't try to clean it more - lots of paint left, don't want lose any of it...

Thankfully, the seller eventually used a saw to get the wheel off the axle - the bolts and nuts and the frame for them are untouched - and looks to be original - but please do confirm this for me...

There are no visible markings on the rubber...

Cheers,
    Fabe

?

...and here are these pics with flash also - there are some (not much to be seen thou') red primer pair under the sand-yellow - the rusting is not too bad I think.

Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

the new 251 single wheel and my best looking double wheel side-by-side:

Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

?

hey guys...another wheel...and alas my last one, for I have no more space left. (but I never say never)

I just got this single 251" wheel (no bolts this time) - it was 92 EU but with almost brand new rubber, very little rust and the paint on it has a slight green tint - so did I actually get a "normandy camo" paint wheel? (not a problem if not)

markings on rubber:
    "DEKA" - on both sides
    "575 / 48 - 510" - on both sides
    "043" ( probably dated 1943)
    "217096" & "22" - serial number?
    a small "14"

and on the rim, where it meets the rubber: "48 / 510"

pics:

first seller's pics:
    Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels
    Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

and my pics:

interesting paint on the front side - those darker spots with no yellow/green paint are not rust but panzer-gray paint (under that is actually red primer), on top of that is sand yellow mixed with green.
    Sd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

on these pics - it looks more like a "plain" sand-yellow paint - but I placed my other "yellow" wheel next to it - there you can see the difference - on the last 2 pics:
    Sd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 WheelsSd. Kfz. 251 Wheels

Cheers,
    Fabe

Thumbs up

That's a nice-looking wheel, Farbe ! It's not unusual to find vehicle parts on which Sandfarbe has been applied over grey. It's possible that on this vehicle a further green overspray was applied at unit level.

And heck - I ran out of space after just one wheel !

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast